Bud and or node spacing?

Is there such thing as to much bud or bud sites to close?

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t like to do to many budsites because I grow in living soil, it’s considered slow release and if i have to many I end up with a bunch of timy buds and it’s a trimming nightmare

Close node spacing allows for long colas. Each bud site connects with the next. Spaced out nodes get you separate buds.

Spread out nodes

Tight nodes

7 Likes

The plant decided or something i did?

Guess I should say i don’t like to many tops, i do like a bunch of sites on each cola

2 Likes

For me, the plant decided. Yours are going to end up like the second pic. Long colas

1 Like

Id be happy with that :relaxed: its my first time so as long as i get a joint or two.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sur if there was a choking or competition if buds were to close

1 Like

No they end up doing this

8 Likes

Is node spacing a species thing sativa apart indica close ? :thinking:

Seems to be more of a phenotype thing. Although sativas have produced the longest colas for me. The one above is an amnesia haze

1 Like

Its very nice. Thanks for the info :+1: always appreciated

Hey let me ask you this? :slightly_smiling_face: what is it with the 21 day pruning? Everyone says 21 days after flip to prune?

1 Like

I prune when needed. I don’t go by a schedule. I just want to make sure shoots aren’t stuck beneath the canopy. By 21 days after flip, the shoots that haven’t made it to the canopy are removed.

5 Likes

Thanks again

Do you have a pic of how that looks when you finsih removing thise lower ones after the 21 days? Im curious and havent done it.

Here’s a couple

1 Like

Nice. Gives me some reference! Thanks!

1 Like