Buckeyedave first indoor grow experiment

5 Likes

So you know…you will want to ease up on the watering. At this stage 5 to 10 ml is all they need. Outside that they look normal. :+1:

2 Likes

Im in Ohio and decided to try my hand at an indoor grow. Ordered ww autos and started in peat pots on 2/2/2020. They sprouted on 2/05/2020. Left them in peat until roots started to come out the bottom on 2/10/2020 and then transplanted to forever homes in ffhf with the net cut off of the peat pots. buried plants to bottom of leaves but not touching the soil. They were about 3-4 inches tall when transplanted, Have them under 2 100 watt daylight leds. Temp stays at 72 F humidity is at 55%. Have a small fan for air circulation. Im in a 2.5 ft x 3 ft. grow tent( homemade) nothing fancy. The pics are on the day I transplanted so they look a little wet but they should dry out pretty quick as I only gave them about 4 OZ. of water. Pots are 3 gal. with plenty of holes drilled in sides and bottom for drainage. Soil PH at transplant was 6.2 and my well water runs a PH of 6.0 out of faucet. Was given a Vipraspectra 600w led to replace 100 w leds but wont do that for a little while.I’ve always grown outdoors in a greenhouse with donated seeds and hve had decent success so thought I would supplement with a winter grow indoors.

3 Likes

That Viparspectra will struggle to grow good buds. Especially having more than 1 plant. I’ve grown with the Viparspectra PAR600 so I’m talking from experience.

My first crop I ended up with 8 plants. One got the biggest and killed off 6 plants due to hogging the light. The other survivor only gave me a couple grams. Nice airy buds…still get you high but just no weight.

It was donated so I couldn’t beat the price. Will probably upgrade in the near future or possibly supplement with additional lighting, New to the indoor game and still doing my research as to get the most bang for my buck. Have read a lot of great ideas and suggestions on the forums and have started to shop around just haven’t commited to any thing yet. Still taking baby steps.

1 Like

Lights depend on your grow size. I switched to HLG’s and I haven’t looked back. Yeah free is good. Out of my grows, my last 2 plants started producing nice dense buds. One nug was the a little bigger than a softball.

Probably keep my grow at two inside so what size and price range are we looking at for my size room in the HLG light.

You could get by with a 2x4 tent depending how you grow them. Whether Autos or Photo.
On this size of a tent its going to cost like $360 or so.

If you are crafty, a DIY would probably be cheaper. @dbrn32 is the Light Guru so he can answer your questions perfectly. Tag, you it DB.

1 Like

WW autos and plan on LST training them

Oh you won’t need a huge grow space then. Autos don’t grow like a Photo.

I have a space 2.5 ft x 3 ft.

The Light Guru will be able to give proper options on the budget you can spend.

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM!

Welcome to the forum fellow Buckeye!

This will cover your space great. They are running a sale until end of this month.
Low power consumption and low heat output as compared to other type of lights. Seed to harvest.
Again there are many options out there. I use 2 of these to cover 1/2 of my 4 1/2’ x 8’ tent and they are great.

This one is 36” long and may be too long. They have 2 other versions of this set up and the only difference is the size of the heat sink used and the spacing of the boards and that effects overall coverage somewhat.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t train your autos truly not worth it because you have a very high chance of stressing it out and it becoming Herme on you

2 Likes

I’ve trained all of the Autos I’ve grown with no issues. They do suggest not topping them but again some do with great success.
My first Auto yielded around 1/2 Lb dry weight and it was trained / tied down. The biggest issue I’ve had with them is when seedlings they were somewhat stunted due to the starting mix being off in Ph and that caused them to not get as big before starting to flower.
I’ve never had one hermie
Just my experience… your mileage may vary

3 Likes

thanks for the welcome.The hlg link you sent looks interesting and very much so in my budget. Will definitely have to check it out. As far as training I thought I would try it and see what happens. Doubt if I will top since they are indica dom. and will stay fairly compact anyway. Soil PH is good for now and so is water .I check both every day no matter if I water or not just to see what natural changes occur. Pics of my seedlings are above and the soil is ffhf . I’m happy so far and think they look okay. They have grown another inch since last pics and are reaching up for the light . Have it at 27 in. but I may drop it down to 25 to see how they react.

3 Likes

So you need help with light for 2.5x3’ grow space?

1 Like

I was given a vipraspectra 600w light that a friend had and then decided not to set up his grow. It was bought in Dec. and was never used. I plugged it in today and wow was it bright. No purple tint to it at all as I have read that they have a large amount of purple tint to it. On veg only right now.This is a supplemental grow to my outdoor greenhouse so am trying to be efficient but not break the bank. Have read many reviews and posts pertaining to light distribution and efficiency and it can become daunting at times with all the info.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I believe research is vital to success. Here are pics from today with the light on

. Not the best picture due to the glare off the walls and floor.

2 Likes

buckeye here too

2 Likes