Bucket Cloning!

I have currently made a bucket cloner can anyone tell me if the jets stay on at all times or do I need to put a timer on it to shut off/on at certain times. I am new to this method any info will help. Thanks!

I changed from spray nozzles to an air stone and leave it on at all times. Spray nozzles clog especially with any nutrients. I have a cake tray dome as a cover.100% success rate.

1 Like

Get a cycle timer from Amazon or a local hydro shop. You are looking for a cycle of one minute on and four minutes off. You could run your sprayers 24 hours, but you will need to keep a close eye on the water temperature as the pump (if submersible) will make it rise. Optimum temperature of your water should be 60-75°F (15-24°C). In that range, the lower the temp, the more oxygen the water can hold. Do not allow the water temperature to exceed 85°F (29°C). Roots are easily damaged and the water holds very little oxygen. If your water temp is, or drops below 60°F (15°C) use an aquarium heater. Hope this helps. :smile:

The biggest issue using aero cloning method is running the pump too hot. As long as the roots are wet and there is moisture in the res’ area, you are good. Only run the pump as often as you need to, in order to keep moisture abound.