Bubbles1 setting up for PINEAPPLE CHUNK SOG

@dbrn32 @Peachfuzz @raustin @elheffe702 @Whodat66 @AAA @Oldguy @Oldstoner @Killadruid @Covertgrower . I hope everyone is cruising along no dramas. I’ve been working on the idea of running a sog next grow. My floorprint is 2" x 4’ . I am running a small deskfan is all in the tent then we have a 4’‘’ air scrubber. The lights are a set of QB V2 132 3500K.
The PC from last grow has been chosen as the mother. I’ve got an idea of using 18 x 1 gallon pots or it’s 8 x 3 gallon pots. I will be using coco for all plants. With the 1 gallon pots I’m pushing for space but was looking at trimming the lower branches few days before flip so I just end up with 18 big fat colas that weigh an oz each.thats how I would get away with so many in small space. Give the clones a week from cutting to get roots enough to survive then a 2 week veg and flip.

8 Likes

Sounds solid…
Biggest thing I could tell you if you go with 1 gallons , is to figure out a good watering method…
I’ve done a few similar projects and my best results were to find a big enough tray to hold them all and bottom feed kinda like an ebb and flow…
I would flood the tray for a few minutes and grab plants from different areas to test the weight of the plant and once I was satisfied that every one got a good drink I would take the plug out of the end of the tray and drain the rest out and shop-vac if necessary…
That was the easiest way to deal with so many plants in a tight space… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Sweet good to hear from you @peachfuzz. It’s been a while. Always respect your opinion. Sounds good to me. I’m leaning towards the 1 gallon pots. I’ve got some CAGE to put pots on. Gotta work out how to catch run off.

3 Likes

I agree with peachfuzz on the watering. But it can be done, and as long as you water often, they’ll grow well in that space. Thanks for the tag!
(Damn I love a good peach!)

3 Likes

Love the peach…Ok. have taken that on board bout the watering. Cheers for your opinion. It helps. Looking more like the 18 x 1g at this stage. Good. I’m keen

3 Likes

Using coco will definitely be helpful, and I really think that’s the best medium for this style of growing. (Speaking of, I really need to get more coco)

3 Likes

Excellent. I was wondering bout that 1 too. I was almost going to make my own but decided against it. Good to hear you agree on that too.

3 Likes

I’m watching. Once my indoor room is done I’m going to do exactly the same with 1 gallons. I’m also contemplating on giant grow box. Was thinking about an open frame with landscape fabric. Watering would be more simple with one container for all.

3 Likes

It won’t happen for a few months yet. But it will be done. I think I’ve seen a table or similar around and it’s shit hot. Definitely looks good.

1 Like

What do you use for bloom additive? I’m not sure which way to go. Haven’t used 1 yey

Do you use bloom Additive?

Sweet! Good luck with these

2 Likes

I’m def watching @Bubbles1. I’m going with a 4x4 table an top drip on my next one. But I’m only doin 4 plants.
Peace for now. :v::+1:

1 Like

I’m using Canna nutrient line at the moment. But for boosters I will be using the fox farms cha-Ching, and the others that go with it. Can’t recall the names. @Bubbles1

3 Likes

That sounds like a bit of fun. I’ve got a couple in the tent for now, but this will give the mother time to start growing. I will probably only do this once, but I gotta have go at it

1 Like

Sounds like a party over here! Cmon PC mama… daddy needs a new set of… clones? :joy::joy::joy: good luck n we waiting n watching

3 Likes

The trays that I was using I got from home depo and I believe they are washer machine pans…
I think they are either 3 foot x 3 foot or bigger and can easily put a drain in them and they were cheap and they are bright white…
Worked like a charm…
If I can find mine I’ll let you know for sure how big they are…
The last time I used them , I was using them as a big trimming tray for me and a couple other people…
Also worked good for that… :grin:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Covertgrower!

3 Likes

Cheers @PurpNGold74. It’s gunna be mini me party. Invites have been sent. Free entry. Lmao

Good stuff, sounds perfect. I’ve got plenty of time to organise this right. The mother is enjoying some outside life these days and accepted transition to outdoors well. Good to have your say.

1 Like