Bubbleponics DWC 1st grow

Thanks brotha… I’m gonna put the stronger pump on also with 2 hoses per pot… one hose in the water and one hose above the water… in between the gap. That myco product works good in soil. That seedling is only 3 days old and I used that myco on it. I believe theres too much organic matter from what i been reading… hence the smell. Dont confuse the stunted one with the seedling tho lol… thanks for all the help @Nicky. I’ve got another super skunk that I just put in water. Legally in Missouri I can have 6 flowered, 6 veg and 6 clones/seedlings and I started w 30 seeds. So if I screw up… which I will… itll definitely be a learning experience. I’m a soil lover… got a green thumb for outside… hydro… never done it. So… gotta start somewhere right?

1 Like

Oh I hear you I run coco gravity feed system that’s sorta like hydro but not.

Try to get a quality bottled myko product I’m using fishsh!t right now and it’s insane! Tribus is good to and voodoo of the 3 dono what’s the best but ccheck my pots out. Growing right through the side of my pots into my valves lol

2 Likes

@Nicky Dude… those roots look beautiful! Look at all those tiny hairs! That was my goal… well still is lol. I’m definitely gonna look into those.

My pots might be ruined lol

Yeah I’m sold on this fishsh!t definitely worth it.

1 Like

Is that considered aquaponics then?

And all I gotta say is wow… I would just buy new pots everytime since it’s worth it lol

1 Like

Aquaponics is to do with fish tanks and circulating the water.

Na fabric is good you just scrub em or throw em in a washer and dryer. Gets the salts out of them re use em.

1 Like

Wow! So many question! So many statement!
So many answers! Where does it end!..lol :scream:
“Been there done that”
“Live, learn, die, and forget it all!”

If I might could just encourage you to calm down, slow down and think about it?

Not sure if you have grown weed before this or not, if you have, then the principles are the same.

The basics in a nut shell:

First, IMO I would start with some nutes that are tried and true and easy. GH line of nutes along with calmag will get you through a grow. Or even Jack 321 nutrients. (There’s plenty of others.)

Second, maintain a 2” gap between the netpot and the water.

Third, plenty of air and air stones for the roots. I use 2 of those aqua air pumps with two outlet and 2”x4” air stones. They work. Maybe not optimal.

Forth, try to maintain a ph of 5.8. (You might need PH Up and Down to help.

Fifth, Good lights.

Now at this stage that your in, you can get away with putting dome over your plants to help with humidity. Water level at two inches below the netpot, your stones should be able to bubble water onto the roots.

Water temp as mentioned 68ish.
Yeah yeah and all the other environmental issues but that will get you started.
You really don’t have to worry about a lot nutes for another week or so. And then that depends on what your using.
Everything’s gonna be alright. You are in good hands with everybody here.
Good luck :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey thanks @HappyHydroGrower I am using FloraTrio, Calmag, hydroguard. I also was using Myco+… that did not work very well for hydro. I lowered it almost another inch so theres your 2" (that’s not what she said :sweat_smile:) my temps too low I believe…

Current ph and temp. I was told 5.5-5.8 by a grow house. I been calling around lol. Also a pic of my light specs. Ppms on all 3 buckets are between 323 and 418. And ph down I’m prob gonna go through alot… tap water is between 8.3 and 8.5. Gonna order a gallon. I’m not freaking… just learning… that’s me… I’ll hold you hostage (not really) and pick your brain until mines bigger :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I have a huge thirst for knowledge… especially for this lol. Domed them… my wife’s gonna kill me… I took the new rubbermaids :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I have the root spa system… waste of money… I could of made it myself for 1/3 of the price

2 Likes

I have 12 of these airstones I bought… using 3.

2 Likes

This will be my next grow… 32 gallons

1 Like

I use two 20 gal tote and a trash can for a res. Another thing you can do is use 3” net pot. It gives you room for more water in the tote. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

My 2nd pump… dont have enough hose as of right now to hook both up. @HappyHydroGrower

1 Like

Lmao… I was thinking of using a trash can as a res too! That’s awesome… those buckets I bought came with a 8" net pot… IMO… WAY too big for my liking

1 Like

And the trash can… my thoughts were right through the lid… put a drain in the bottom… but I got this tote for free… my basement is loaded with em​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So… I got to doing lol and I might just set this up sooner than I thought… I’m hoping it’s not too crowded and then I would have to cover the tote with a blanket cuz theres this problem

Uploading: 16116364577011079389977882040568.jpg…

I would run one good size plant or two smal plants in there. They will explode when you transition. Your gonna fill that tent quick. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also, be carful of those thin totes they will bulge when you get water in them pretty bad. They’re a thin mil. You need to find a thicker mil to support the weight of the water. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

With the buckets or is that too crowded… it’s a 3x3x6 tent… I havent grown Autos b4… done a couple photos outdoors… like 10 years ago… I’m used to going w the flow of nature… for the most part… so new to indoor… new to autos… and new to hydroponics… this is gonna be interesting lol

1 Like