Bubbleponics DWC 1st grow

Hey everybody… Definitely new to this. I’ve been on top of ph and ppm even tho my ph was at a 7.2 on 2 of em. I quickly dropped it back to 5.9 range. Ended up changing both buckets out. I added a powdered Mycos+. We’ll just say it prob wasnt a good idea. Sanitized buckets w peroxide and flushed both plants with 5.8 ph h20. My Super Skunk (all my girls are Autos) had a tough start. It had helmet head and got stuck in the rapid rooter. I left it like that for 2 days thinking it would fix itself. Ended up popping it out with a tooth pick and dehelmetting it. Now I believe its stunted. My gut tells me to pull it but I wanna see what happens.

It’s officially a week from germination. Ak47 and Sour Diesel seem to be fine. My humidity is between 38 and 47%. I have a 3x3x6 tent w a 4 inch carbon filter. Phlizon 2000w bar light. 4 5 gal bubbleponics buckets with a 6 amp pump (i have a 7 amp for backup if needed). I noticed nats today… bummer… got get some sticky traps.

I cant tell if I got the start of root rot or its nutrient stained. They dont look slick or snotty.

Just want to see what everyone says. If I invited you… it’s because of your knowledge and wisdom. Thanks guys.

4 Likes

@Bubblehead @Breezy @Nicky @Covertgrower @BigHuff2316 @myfriendis410 @peachfuzz @TDubWilly @Bogleg @respins12

2 Likes

This is what I was gonna post last night but cuz I’m new i couldnt. Today I dropped all ph to 5.6 range. I hope I didnt nute lock em when ph was so high… they look good except that super skunk… its bouncing back… you can tell it got stunted from helmet head… It being an autoflower… I believe I should pull it instead of wasting nutrients and space on it. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Pictures or it never happened @repins12, this is my autos guy

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! I’m sure one of the hydro growers will be by soon with some great advice. Thanks for the tag!

3 Likes

Yep pic would help alot. I have a super stunted bubblegum auto it is putting out buds but super slow. Might be worth it to jeep it going just for some edibles ot something unless ot is that bad. But pics will help determine alot

4 Likes

This is totally a personal choice
It will cost you a week and a half worth of growing and 10$ a seed but you won’t have any issues with stunting.

Or you could continue and just take it in stride and see what happens.

You definitely want the autos to have the best 4-6 first weeks as they have a limited veg cycle but I have had a crop that was stunted grow into monsters before, although this isn’t always the case.

If it’s all of your plants then it definitely will weigh on you the entire grow and that’s not a nice feeling mentally I will give you that.

At the end of the day go with your gut but you seem to have already answered the question for yourself your just delaying which just makes it harder down the road until you decide to just not do it.

Tick tock tick tock lol

Yes 5.8 for hydro and always pull helmets, never done damage to any plant pulling a helmet.
Soak seeds with 1:3 peroxide/water this will help with this issue

1 Like

1 Like

Lmao… me blocking my name didnt work… it’s no biggie… I’m a legal MMMP card holder w a cultivation permit. Ok guys… heres the pics. They were lights off when I posted and now I finally took some. Heres the proof… if I had pudding… you can have that too :rofl::rofl: @Nicky your right… I am delaying it… I’ll pull it here in a bit… roots didnt hit the water yet on that one and it’s not worth keeping.

1 Like

@Mark0427 @PharmerBob @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

2 Likes

@Covertgrower yeah bud… it did smell until I changed the 2 problem buckets… I believe my mistake was that root inoculant I used. Water soluble but didnt break down like I thought.

1 Like

1 Like

Are those roots nutrient stained or am I on my way to some issues? Remember… this is my first DWC grow… so I’m ignorant right now :crazy_face:

1 Like

What crap are you using for nutes?

My roots at that age were always brilliant white.

I’ve always preferred rdwc over dwc. May wanna look in.

Water temp?
Air temp?
How long do you keep them in bucket before cleaning ?

3 Likes

@PharmerBob Hydroguard, floratrio, calmag. Water temp is between 64.5 and 65.8. Air temp is 74.5 to 76ish with the door closed. The low is 65.7 in dark… the fan goes off with the lights to keep it warmer. It’s a basement grow.

1 Like

Water temp looks good, maybe even a smidge cold. Any hiccups in amount of air they are getting?

On that seedling… I’m experimenting… feeding it the root inoculant and right the plan is 2 days b4 potting… stop the root inoculant and just ph water til it hits the nutes

Do you mean air in the tent or the oxygen in the buckets? I’ve got one that’s got double hoses hooked up and it seems the ph is more… I might just bust out that other pump and use both on all. I think I’m finding out that the buckets prob wasnt the best idea.:expressionless:

I’ve got a decent fan and circulation seems good… I need another for the top… only got one. Fan does go off at night tho to keep the temp from dropping too much.

Plan is to change reservoir once a week. I guess it depends on salt levels and so forth… I’m new so I dont wanna chance nute lock. Once a week. Going to pull my stunted super skunk :sleepy: sad about it but I understand its nature… and I was late on intervening.