Bubbleheads first grow

Here are some pictures of my plants. I was thinking I could top the autos. While it may delay them a little it may keep them more on schedule with the photo. Let me know what you think. @GreenJewels @PurpNGold74 @MattyBear @Screwauger

Bubble Gum - Auto

Jack - Photo

White Widow - Auto

AK - Auto

6 Likes

I believe @Sixpackdad topped his… not sure if it was him. Im definitely against any cutting on those finicky ladies and wouldnt advise. Adding on top of the transplant? Yea thats a hard no. Buuuut. U are in that optimal age range.

1 Like

On another forum strictly for autos one of the experienced growers swears by topping autos after the 4th node and between 15-20 days of life. Curious to see if @Sixpackdad has any experience. As complicated as this has become for my first I may just LST and SCROG this time through.

2 Likes

Some folks top auto’s I do not so third rail for me, I say no. Your results may vary.

4 Likes

I would recommend LST on the autos to keep them he same height as the photo plant

2 Likes

Started my LST on the two tallest autos. All the ladies are the same height now. The photo got topped tonight after the 5th node. Figured while I’m at it might as well make a full night of it. Have to say it is strange to look into the tent and see the plants laying over.

Not going to top the autos. I’ve got enough going on for my first grow.

Thank you everyone for all your help today.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 what light would you recommend for a 4x4 tent? I currently have a HLG-300 for my 3x3. Would that be big enough for the 4x4 or would I have to supplement it some how?

2 Likes

You could get more QBs or build a custom light to fit your space using cobs or led strips :v::bear:

3 Likes

I topped my first auto grow and let the second one go without any. If I had to choose I’d probably avoid topping. I do not think there was a tremendous difference either way in yield, but I didn’t weigh out my second batch.

2 Likes

Thanks. Wasnt sure if it was you or nah. :+1:t5:

I checked on the girls this morning and I was amazed how they took to the LST. Almost as if to say your not keeping my head down I’ll show you.

How often can I do LST?

3 Likes

The hlg-550 is model designed for 4x4. You could put the 300 in there, but your par levels would be a little low. If you want to hit recommended par levels there’s several different lights you could go with. Or you can add another light to the 300. Makes no difference to me, let me know which way you’d like to go and give you some ideas.

5 Likes

After they recover its game on for the next round. BEWARE. u dont want her too flat and scraping dirt. Just train the top a bit less vertical and allow the sides to go up, then u can work them outwards and up

2 Likes

Amnesia Haze is a little less vertical now. Gonna leave blueberry alone for now.
20190110_201526

5 Likes

Boy they do not like to have their heads held down! I am working my LST program like you suggested. I’ll bend their little heads down a few hours before lights out and in the morning you can’t even tell it was done. They are amazing plants.

2 Likes

@raustin I watered on Wednesday gave each plant a 1/4 gallon. On Thursday I checked and I could feel moisture 2-1/2 inches down not wanting to over water I let them be. Friday I gave them each 1-cup of water so I could try and get to Sunday. I checked this morning and they were dryer than Friday morning. I fed today, each plant received 1/2 gallon and 1/2 strength nutes. I noticed that when I fed them that there was dust coming off the soil in the pots. Does this indicate that they were too dry? The nutes are up from 1/3 the previous 2-weeks. This is day 30 above ground and I’m counting this as week 3 feeding. I will post some pictures tomorrow, right now I think I will be looking at a 5-week veg period. @GreenJewels @PurpNGold74 @DoobieNoobie

3 Likes

@dbrn32. I’ve done some thinking and I have a couple of options in front of me where my wife does not kick me out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After my initial post, I thought I would get a 2x2 tent a HLG-100 or 135 and call it good. Looking at prices of tents I can get a 4x4 tent for $20 more. So then I started to think about what light to put in the 4x4 tent. I would love to put the 600H in the 4x4 and call it good. Due to the cost of the light this option is currently off the table. After my slush fund grows a little the 600H could be purchased later in the year.

Could I put the 135 in the 4x4 tent and just plan on growing directly under the light? This light will only have 2-3 plants until I can get the 600H.

Is there another option that I am missing? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Ya, you can do that. You just have to remember that the lights effective footprint is 2x2’. Without being wrapped in reflective material there will be a lot of light spill. So you’ll have to plan accordingly.

4 Likes

Woke up this morning and we could actually see the sun! In our area seeing the sun in January is a treat.

Quick visit to the girls this morning and I think I have a couple of young ladies. White Widow and Bubblegum is not far behind. I know autos have a time line they follow but these plants seem very small. I think the transplanting I did when I thought they were photos really stunted them. Oh, well some bud is better than none which is what I have right now.

Let me know what you think of the gang. After 30-days I just wish they were bigger. @GreenJewels @DoobieNoobie @PurpNGold74 @Beekeeper @Screwauger

AK

Jack

White Widow

Bubblegum

White Widow - I hope these are pistils…:grimacing:

12 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes