Bubbleheads first grow

Well that link didn’t work, it was a good write up in his thread. I’ll try again :rofl:
https://ilgmforum.com/t/amnesia-haze-autoflower-consolidated-notes/20631/10?u=greenjewels

1 Like

Jewels. Did you have any odor coming off? I can’t have any odor…

Not in my dry box but it was passive airflowed to my tent so the smell ended up in exhaust. It’s not hooked up atm but I’ll find a pick or better yet the link to that part of an old journal where it was discussed. BRB

1 Like

Here it is :+1:

https://ilgmforum.com/t/first-time-grow-northern-lights-auto-and-blueberry-auto/20168/80?u=greenjewels

Bubble you have tons of choices here. Start wit J idea. The dry box. Ser Screw is the king of diy’n a fix it. If u take that route… autos dont mind any lighting hours, so u could let them live their entire lives under 18/6 or 20/4 whichever u prefer. They will flower. And Jack can veg his way thru your scrog. Everybody wins. When u flip him to 12/12 it wont hurt the autos (if they still even growing).

Option two. When u see first pistils on the autos flip ur lighting hours to 12/12 and abandon the scrog. Just flower the Jack with the autos and keep em on the same schedule. The quick vegging wont push Jack to his full possible yield. But it’ll definitely give u something n this route is possibly the road of least resistance. I recommend this one.

Also the transplants arent… ideal. Depending on how much more time u got til pistils pop, you should be fine. The transplants don’t necessarily force herms (especially in veg, in flowering any plant could be stressed if u transplant) but its stunts growth. The most important thing for autos is to get a nice strong headstart. So how they looking? U may only be days from first pistils.

Ahhh i found an option 3! Its kinda like option 2. Buuuuut. In a method i dub the @blackthumbbetty method, she pushes veg/grow nutes thru the first couple weeks of ‘transition’ (when u see pistils). This kinda prolongs the growth period a bit, instead of instantly applying bloom nutes (which helps activate flowering). So u could in theory run Jack an extra week or two under 18/6 type hours and milk a bit more veg growth (increasing his yield ALOT). Then flipping the tent to 12-12. Sounds complicated but its not. Ask away

9 Likes

Purps option 3 sounds like a great plan !

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @GreenJewels

Thanks for your input. I’m enjoying this new hobby very much. I thought I had everything on “cruise control” and then this happened. Stressed a little, now I’m breathing a little easier. Best part was I broke it to my wife I was planning a second grow and she gave me a look and said we are going to have sooo much weed. I didn’t tell her about the 3rd and 4th I’m planning. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::astonished:

5 Likes

That is a great set up! Thanks for sharing. I sure I can McGiver something like that! It may not be as nice as yours but I’m kinda handy.

1 Like

Jewels. When can I start LST on my autos? If you need to see some pictures I can get some tonight.

Recent pics would be great.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: My husband has gotten surprised too. I’ve never denied bit just never really say how many. Back in September, he asked me to give it a break over the holidays. I just acted like I never heard him :joy: obviously I’m not planning any breaks. Your girls will be fine. I would think you should start lst very soon as those stems will start to get hard with flower. I still bend the hard ones, just very slow and gently. Recent pic would be great :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

As long as they didn’t go through too much transplant shock, you’ll be ok and they shouldn’t hermie. :v::bear:

3 Likes

Thanks. I have my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

They are old enough to get some lst by the pics :point_up_2:t5:. Just gently for the first rounds. You got an idea of how u wanna bend em?

3 Likes

This place is so great!

1 Like

I’ve been in your shoes in the past year though admittedly, the concern over odors was more mine than anyone else’s. What I mean is I thought it would upset my GF but it really didn’t too much.

I progressed similar to you, had to many plants, too little space and had to improvise.

First, the auto’s. Shouldn’t be a total loss as in my opinion, other than hermaphrodites, the biggest concern would be lower yield. That ain’t all bad. Clearly, you understand that auto’s need to be protected from growth stalls during their veg so, you know this and if not for the mix up with ILGM, you won;t do that intentionally. Is support gonna replace those with what you actually ordered?

As to the drying, when I was in your situation, in February in a closed up house and winter outside, I had no idea how to dry my plant without jeopardizing my growing plant. I turned to the vacant second floor of the house (the kids have all moved on). I chose a closet and kept the temp up there in the mid 50’s but I couldn’t effect the very dry RH in the house due to furnace. It was not ideal but the smell was manageable with second steps (ona gel, sensi pots and or other air freshners on the first floor. It’s legal to grow personally here so part of me was like, get over it I grow weed and it smells but Dad raised me to be super conscientious of others feelings so there’s that.

It’s not a scrap job that’s for sure. Auto’s won’t mind your light schedules for photos and maybe you could look at drying offsite, a buddies place or something. If it has to be in the tent, it’s not the end of the world. It’s gonna dry quicker and require more frequent involvement from you. Say 5-7 days and you would get some brown paper bags to place your drying product in and then perhaps into a large cardboard box if you can get it in the tent. I’ve also known people to divide the tent in half top to bottom with a screen or palstic or something to darken the upper half and go with that for a drying room. Folks here will get you through this. @Bubblehead

7 Likes

Not yet. I was going to do some more research. Thought I would let the plants tell me what direction they might want to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’ll be posting some pictures tonight.

1 Like

@Screwauger thank you for all the input. Service has committed to correcting the situation. I ordered the Beginner Mix Pack for obvious reasons. I will be better after I reformulate my plan tonight. Thank you for all your help.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Well the goal of lst is normally to train the vertical growth horizontally. It always points right back up with time. But the MAIN point of sending it sideways is to allow the side branches to grow vertically. You want all branches to have apical dominance. Which is a hormone released to the top of the plant. Its why the main cola is always a big nugget. So if done correctly ull trick the plant into thinking the sides are tops

4 Likes

Exactly what he said
Top sideof branch

Bottom side

2 Likes

U got some pucs of the actual training J?