Bubbleheads first grow

@DoobieNoobie Here you go my friend. This pair of leaves have the same marking.

It kind of looks like calmag since I see a few other spots. Or it could be where you dropped water on it. But let’s ask @raustin because she’s way better at identifying things.

2 Likes

It could be the start of a magnesium deficiency, yes.

Edit: I don’t think it’s anything, just the lower leaves dying off naturally.

4 Likes

Thanks @raustin.

Nutes staring this week after transplanting. Roots were to sides of pots and “webbed” at the bottom. They were watered yesterday so the football is moist getting another cup of water in their 5-gallon forever home tonight.

Sure was hard to tell 4 of them they did not make the cut. :pensive:

1 Like

Glad your sitter took good care for you. I’m sure their growth was a welcome sight to come home to.

2 Likes

Okay so I transplanted the girls to 5 gallon fabric pots tonight. The roots were pretty amazing they were along the sides of the pots and webbed at the bottom. My new question is how much water do I use on a normal water or feed? They are 24-days old now and I was wondering if I should start watering to run off?

Do you have a current picture I’m doing my first grow and just about the same amount of days in. Thanks for the updates.

@Beekeeper The pictures above were from tonight prior to transplanting. This picture is after transplanting.

3 Likes

These are 24 days from the first tap root?

Yes. Is there something wrong?

No not at all mine just seem to be much bigger and mine are around the same age. I wasn’t sure if I was counting the days wrong. I’ll try and post a picture.

2 Likes

I’d ask @raustin about when to water to run off. My atutos are 28 and 29 days and just had their first feed 1/2 galion each. I water till run off on their next water.

1 Like

@Beekeeper Your plants are looking good. I’m happy with the progress that mine have made. I’m taking it slow and only considering tomorrow to be my second week of veg. This is my first growing season so I am learning a lot everyday. My goal is to have 4 cross the finish.

1 Like

@Bubblehead sorry I wasn’t trying to sound like I know what I’m talking about. This is my first grow as well and I’m learning from your post as well. My plants looks okay but I’m very nervous I’m going to do everything wrong. One of the things that confuses me is what you mentioned, when do we consider the veg stage started. I’m going to take things slow as well. Slow and steady. Keep posting updates please.

4 Likes

No problem I am in the same boat enjoying the grow just don’t want to mess them up to much. There could be lots of reasons our plants look different growing medium, strain, lighting, and environmental conditions are just a few. I’m sure with the support of this fine group of growers we will be fine. I just don’t know what I don’t know .

Exactly, I was giving light 24/7 and someone suggested I don’t need that much. I’m now trying 20/4. My main issues are my humidity is very high at times, I have some flying bugs and I probably over water.

1 Like

You should start a grow journal @Beekeeper so people here can help as you grow. It’s better to under water then to over water. Happy growing :v:.

5 Likes

Great idea, I’ll do that this week.

3 Likes

No, do not water to runoff! These plants are too small in a large pot for that much water. Do exactly what you’re doing by watering in a circle around the pot. In a few weeks, when the plants get bigger, they can take a big watering to runoff.

6 Likes