Bubbleheads first grow

Have you checked the tric’s? clear, amber…etc…? They look like they are mighty close to harvest to me. From my understanding, the tric’s can change over night so stay vigilante. Leaves are going to die. The leaves turning yellow are just part of the process. They are pulling nutes out of the leaves trying to produce all she can. It’s all part of the process. No worries there. Like @MattyBear trim those leaves. It definitely won’t hurt her, not this late in the game. Great job! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m sorry. Are those Autos?

My Gc auto is doing the same. End of life cycle… Moab dirt! Also have Continental Divide dirt fom Montana.

I checked them last night they were about 10% to my untrained eye. I will definitely check them tonight when the sun comes up.

2 Likes

@DivChem. The plant that is working its way to the end of life is a photoperiod plant. I serverly underwatered it at the wrong time, it has been watered. Now it appears that it is doing everything it can to keep its buds viable. Hence the dying leaves.

I do have another tent with autos in it. It is the bigger tent and has 5 plants fighting for space.

2 Likes

Good luck. In line to cross the border. I might need a little luck myself…

2 Likes

These folks are the complete opposite of ILGM.

3 Likes

Yeah border control has no sense of humor.

1 Like

@MattyBear @Killadruid I trimmed most of the dry leaves off last night they smell like decomposing leaves in the fall. Some of the leaves I left looked viable last night. This morning before sun set I trimmed a few more off. I’m going to have most of the trimming done before harvest at this rate. A few trichomes have started to change. Hoping that they will move along in the next few days so she can be harvested. When the time is right I’m going to water again.

3 Likes

Sounds like she wants to finish up on u.

1 Like

As the girls approach optimal harvest ripeness I have a question about the pre harvest flush. I have been doing lots of reading on the merits of wether it is necessary or not, that is not my question. When doing the preharvest flush is this a true flush? Meaning 3x the volume of the pot the plants are in. Or, is it the elimination of nutrients for a couple weeks prior to harvest and only using water?

2 Likes

Ur in coco right?

I’m using ProMix

1 Like

I wouldnt flush to long then. I prefer to flush then do straight water 5 to 7 days. Or u can just water with straight water for 1.5 weeks with out flushing I believe.

3 Likes

@Killadruid @MattyBear @DoobieNoobie @Missiles

Well. She is kinda hanging in there. I was looking at her trichomes some on the buds are getting cloudy. The leave trichomes look to be drying out. I’m concerned I’m going to lose potency. Trichomes on the buds are 50-60% cloudy with an occasional early amber. I’m hoping she will progress this week to a point that she is ready for harvest. Some pictures of the troubled one below. The darker pictures are natural light with my flash. Any recommendations at this point?

6 Likes

@NotquiteJuneCleaver @GreenJewels

I figured out my microscope camera finally and got some decent looks at my trichomes. These photos are from my auto plants. Woo! Hoo! Starting to see some amber!

image image image image image

8 Likes

She definitely looks like she’s in her final days. Hopefully they start changing quickly and it’ll work out. I’m sure others have a better ideas.

5 Likes

Glad to have you back. I always appreciate your input. Do you know what happened to @PurpNGold74? Haven’t seen him around in a little while.

4 Likes

No I haven’t heard from him either. Hopefully he’s ok.

Oh and great trichome pics

5 Likes

I would ice bath her. Or u can lower the light hours to help her mature make her think it’s going to be winter.

2 Likes