Bubbleheads first grow

2 Likes

Ladies are doing well. Fed a few autos yesterday and a couple have had their pH rise over the last 2-weeks since the flush. I have been feeding and watering below 6 in an effort to get the pH down. I figure I have 2-3 weeks left before harvest so I’m not too concerned at this point. It feels like I’m watching paint dry right now, it doesn’t seem like anything is changing. I understand how harvest happen early. I’ve been on this ride since mid December I’m not getting off early now!

How will I know to begin watering only in prep for harvest?

8 Likes

Looking excellent, few weeks away ! might be time for some molasses ?

2 Likes

@zparkie2 What will the molasses do for the plants? I’ve read about people using it but don’t know why.

2 Likes

It adds sugar to the plant which sugar helps bring out the terpenes in the plant or taste and smells. Ur running roots so I’m sure there is molasses in ur flowering nutes

2 Likes

That would be Big Swell. It smells so good I want to take a drink of it each time I open it.

2 Likes

It fattens the buds up, and produces more crystals, some people say it don’t but I grew 3 plants using it at the last couple weeks and I noticed a tremendous difference. this is the kind he sold me last year and I plan on using it again. unsulfered molasis.

4 Likes

I think ull be good with that also r u running the peak?

It drives the pH down though, I found this pH up to work well for me on my organic grow.

2 Likes

How much do you use?

Did you find it works better than the General Hydroponics product?

I did my twice daily check last evening at sun up and all the plants were really starting to darken up their pistils. I did my morning check today, just before sunset, and the difference was noticeable. All he buds I could see had a lot more color to them. I’m excited to see how they look tonight at sun up. It did not seem like anything was happening for the past couple weeks and boom yesterday everything changes! If I have time after watering tonight I’ll get some pictures.

Have to be honest the change over the past couple days has put a little bounce back in my step.

6 Likes

I’m getting so close myself! Looking forward to your pictures.

2 Likes

Ugh!! This hobby has brought me some highs and lows. This morning I had some great highs. Tonight not so much. I was set to water my photoperiod plant tonight. It looked good this morning but it looks like I missed watering by half a day. When I opened the tent it was yellow and all the leaves were droopy. Plus the sugar leaves were curled. I watered it with 2-gallons of water and got about a 1/4 gallon out. See picture below. After watering the leaves perked up. Hopefully, it will look better in the morning. Hopefully I did not hurt her too bad.

On the other hand my auto tent made me smile. The buds are really starting to change. They made big leaps and bounds the last 24-hours.

5 Likes

How far into flowering ur photo period plant?

Starting week 7 plus 2 for transition. I’m so bummed. I just checked her again and she is looking a lot better. I just hope I did not damage her too much.

It’s a constant learning curve. Are you onto the flush or ripening stage now?

2 Likes

I think I have a few weeks left so I have not started either. The trichomes are all still clear.

1 Like

@MattyBear apparently I’m in the dying stage :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

My plan is to let it hang out until Saturday and if it does not look like it is getting better it will be an early harvest for her. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Did u give any nutrients on ur last watering? She probly starving for some real food.

2 Likes