Bubbleheads first grow

My well water’s ec is .365. Ro is .027.

I add calcium and micronutes to well water, too. Promix and qb’s can handle it.

2 Likes

Promix and r/o tend to have pH swings.

1 Like

Give her 12 hours rest then feed her I say. That’s me anyway. She will still have food in her roots and stems so let the “just water” reach her leaves.

1 Like

The plants that needed the flushing got the flushing this week. I will give them half strength today and then let them dry out. The are really starting to grow some nice lady parts. I have one BBG bud that will be harvested before the rest of the plant as it is way more mature than the rest of the plant. Inspected it yesterday and it is still clear with on or two amber trichomes. I’ll keep an eye on her this week. I need to come up with a method to dry her. @GreenJewels did you build a drying chamber?

9 Likes

Dude the plants look beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks they ar coming along nicely despite my input!

1 Like

Looking good man getting closer. Nice color of green looking good. Cant wait to see ur bga and hear the smoke report. Btw my bg is starting to get a nice flavor its light but starting to come thru after 2 weeks in the jars. My gc smells amazing had some beans in one plant must of self pollinated o well I’ll try to germinate them so see if they even pop. Mine also the hairs turned early in flowering and took a while to fully mature the actual buds.

Thanks @Killadruid. I’m just tending to them and patiently waiting for the point they will be ready to harvest. I’m hoping that late March will be harvest but fullly expect it to happpen Easter weekend.

3 Likes

That’s when I’m actually going to break into what I have in jars.

1 Like

Clearex is just expensive sugar water. I would bet that FloraClean is the similar. You are better off just using water to flush. Since water has little if an pH capacity you don’t need to pH it if you will be adding nutrients after the flush:

image https://www.valleyindoor.com/var/images/product/366.440/D/ClearexBackLabel.png

Just another example of expensive products that don’t do very much.

2 Likes

More proof on instructions for FloraClean:
“Use as a final flush a few days before harvest to promote maturation and sugaring”

Yes, I did. Its not my first choice for a drying method but in a pinch, it works.
20180831_104607
20180831_104612
It was tied into my tent for venting. I had the other end open just enough for slight airflow. Inside is small dowel rods to hang buds. A cardboard box would work too. My canning closet is a great place but odor control is difficult there. I’m going to work on that :grin:

6 Likes

I may have a couple rouge buds that need to be dried before my tent is free so I’m looking for ideas. Right now that is a front runner.

3 Likes

Just light a joint and watch your smoke pull from your air intake into the box. Just a slight draft was what I was after. Not to strong of pull or they may dry to fast. I had to make my vent hose kinda long to get my airflow just right.

2 Likes

Hey all just stumbled onto this thread and I apologize to interrupt, but…I have a plant that is just shy of three weeks older that her other sisters. I will also have to figure out a way to dry her when she gets harvested. Only have 1 tent that will still be occupied. Looking for ideas as well

1 Like

I think jewels has a good method described and pictured above. That will probably be the way I go. Simple and inexpensive.

I does look like a good idea. Wonder how difficult it will be to control temp and humidity. And does it have to be completely light proof?

1 Like

From what I understand it should be as light proof as possible. Temp and humidity would be ambient air of the room plus the moisture coming from the drying process.

1 Like

I did keep it light proof. Only time lights were on is when I’m dealing with plants, even then it’s not direct light . Yes dark is important. My temp and humidity was good but it was summer and fall when I used it. I would have to humidify the room a bit I think to get it 60-62 now with winter.

2 Likes

@GreenJewels how did the surgery go today? Husband is recovering well I hope.

2 Likes