Bubbleheads first grow

Nice job! Those type are nice and sturdy. It’s harder for the plant to push them up :grin:

5 Likes

I love it! I might go that route next time to save the pain of connecting it all. It looks nicely done! I definitely like how it allows you to see the structure better. Also, the fact that you named her Wanda makes me VERY happy. :heart:

4 Likes

She looks great!

2 Likes

Great job @Bubblehead :+1::v::bear:

2 Likes

Sunday update. Plants are looking good and they are all fed. They all are on separate schedules now so my work spread across more days. That’s alright, I’m really enjoying this new hobby. Going into second week of transition on my photo. I’m amazed and pleased how much the Scrog has changed in only a couple of days.

My AK continues to have droopy leaves. I’m beginning to think it is just the strain. First I thought it was too much feed so I laid off. Then too much water let it dry out, still droopy. Then I fed again, nope still droopy. I wish I knew what was going on.

@Covertgrower @Killadruid @GreenJewels

6 Likes

@Bubblehead sometimes they’re just a droopy strain. Difficult to discern what they need sometimes, only to find out it’s their personality.

3 Likes

@hippygirl this is my journal. You may find it helpful or not. I’m new at this but ask any question you like.

@raustin @DoobieNoobie @Covertgrower

What should my target runoff pH be when growing in ProMix?

1 Like

Treat it just like hydro. 5.5-5.8 @Bubblehead

5 Likes

Hey @Bubblehead I noticed them looking a little droopy but then I think; I have a time lapse camera and what I’ve noticed is they start their day out droopy and end it droopy. They are at their fullest at about 12 hrs after being awake and then they start dropping to go to sleep. I guess what I’m saying is, if you want to catch the best pictures, take them when they’ve been awake for about 11 or 12 hrs out of an 18 hr day.

3 Likes

Thanks, that is interesting. I’ll have to spy on them next weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Watered 3 plants tonight to run off, all plants were dry 2+ inches and very light pots. Glad I decided against feeding.

Anastasia the AK with droopy leaves had run off of 1255ppm and pH of 6.1. I’m beginning to think she my be root bound.

Wilma the larger of the two WW had a run off of 1218ppm and pH of 6.2.

Wanda my photo Jack had a run off of 1240ppm and pH of 6.3.

Any thoughts welcome.

@GreenJewels @HappyHydroGrower @Lou4494 @Beekeeper

8 Likes

I dont know much yet, as this is my first grow. But those numbers look decent. I think yours are around the same age as mine, and Im averaging slightly higher numbers than you.

Are you having any issues with them, or just curious if the numbers look ok?

2 Likes

My bad, scrolled farther and saw the droopy leaves comment.
My Chocolope always looks a little sad, but shes healthy, so I dunno. Maybe you’re right and it’s just the plant.
But maybe look at the fan blowing on it? Is it maybe stressing the plant a little bit? Maybe move the fan angle and see? Just throwing stuff out there!!!

3 Likes

Lou littlenute burn. I was just looking for validation that the numbers are within reason. Getting likes from some of the more experienced growers was helpful.

4 Likes

Yesterdays pics look good. I’ve had run off in that range without problems. So far with my current grow my run offs this morning were 900’s on both girls. My ff nutes call for a flush with sledgehammer or they would be higher right now. My blueberry is a droopy girl an hour or so before lights out and at lights on she perks back up.

1 Like

What size pots are they in again if you don’t mind me asking?? How much nutes are you putting in as compared to coming out? I know the medium and strain can play a big factor so my thinking may very well not be accurate.

I grow in coco and I’ve found it’s very difficult to over water when they get older. When my leaves droop, it’s usually because they’re thirsty.

Your plants look absolutely wonderful to me. :+1: @raustin @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 along with a list of others that have plenty of knowledge of the grow. Do not hesitate to reach out to anybody. That’s what we’re here for. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The plants that were watered yesterday are in 5-gallon fabric. The last feeding was approximately 1200ppm. The water with calmag and photosynthesis P was approximately 600ppm last night. The plants that got the watering last light looked really good today.

I think another plant has a littl mag deficiency that I will try to correct on next watering.

3 Likes

They look great and the size pot look plenty big enough. I’m sure if there was anything wrong someone will pick up on it. Just keep on growin… lol :sunglasses:

1 Like

All I can do at this point. Her droopy leaves make her look sad which makes me sad :wink::frowning:

2 Likes