Bubbleheads first grow

You should it’s better to harvest in darkness.

Have you thought about stem splitting or drilling

@Amjk I have but decided against it for the first plant.

2 Likes

Trouble girl is down trimmed and hanging. Smells like madness in the house right now :wink:. Very spicy smelling and very sticky. She surprised me in the end. Well thanks to all the help from the likes of all the gaggle of fin growers here. Thank you for help with the hard one.

7 Likes

What is the best way to prepare this for storage? 64 grams wet here and I don’t want to lose it.

4 Likes

congrats on the harvest. I’ll wait on the smoke report. What are you wanting to make with it?
This is something I want to try sometime
https://ilgmforum.com/t/how-to-dry-kief-rub-your-harvest/19234/9

@Bubblehead any tips for cutting in the dark?

@Beekeeper I have a head lamp for tracking deer that has a green led on it. I used that to see what I was doing. If I did not have that I was going to just cut the entire plant down in one cut, then take the stems off.

3 Likes

@GreenJewels We want to make budder for baking nudge nudge wink wink or a tincture for some gummies.

3 Likes

Oh yummy :yum:. I will wait on what others have to say. I’ve only made budder so far. I have more plans than I do trim :grin: I dried my trim in paper sacks then decarbed
it on mostly northern lights sugars mixed with some Blueberry a while back. On my last Amnesia Haze I skipped decarb and used @blackthumbbetty pressure cooker recipe. I’m sure others can tell ya better on how they dry trim. I’d like to find a better flavor way to do it.

1 Like

I had no idea you could use a green led. I just purchased one. :joy:haven’t bought anything for the girls recently.

1 Like

@Bubblehead yeah i saw that post about making gummies. mmm

Yep…something to do with the green light won’t affect the plants. You can look at a photo period plant during lights out and not worry about messing their sleep cycle up. Now, a little caveat you don’t want to over do it but for cutting them down I’m sure it will be fine.

3 Likes

Cannabis plants don’t absorb a lot of light on the green spectrum, so they don’t really “see” green light. That makes it a safer light to use if you need to check them during their dark period.

5 Likes

@Bubblehead being that I’m not far behind you will you be posting results on your budder and tincs to tag along with? I am gathering as much info as I can before it’s my turn to do so with my harvest!! EXCITING!!! :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this information!

1 Like

@Angie I will share my information right now I just want to get the buds dried without any mold showing up. I think we will get a magical butter machine to make life easier.

1 Like

I’m making budder, now. No MBM, just my oven and a pressure cooker.

At this exact moment, I’m decarbing 34 grams of ground bud in a 240F oven for 30 mins.

2 Likes

Sounds yummy. How long do you put in pressure cooker? How much butter for 34 grams?

I go by servings. What works for me is about 30-36 grams of weed per 3/4 cups butter/ghee/coconut oil. That ROUGHLY calculates 12 tbsp/36 tsp of Budder, with 1 tsp of Budder containing ROUGHLY 200mg THC. I’ll get anywhere from 30-36 servings of Budder out of one batch. I size my chocolate candies using a candy mold that makes 30 ½oz candies, which ends up making the perfect dose.

I just do stoner math to adjust that for each recipe. For me, if there’s not about a gram of bud used per serving, it’s just not strong enough.

5 Likes