Bubbleheads first grow

I don’t know, myself.

1 Like

@dbrn32 What do you know about the HLG-35? I’m thinking about adding some red light to my flowing. It has 4 far red leds on the fixture I thought those were only to be on toward the end of daylight hours. I’m not sure if this fixture would help or hurt. Do you know if it is designed to be run the entire 12-hours of lights on?

Your input is always appreciated.

1 Like

It seems that having far reds present duration of grow seems to have similar results as running them as initiator. That’s just from watching a limited number of side by side grows. I certainly wouldn’t let it deter you from purchasing them if you want them. When added to something like 3000k 80cri, it changes spectral distribution to more represent something like 3000k 90cri. Plenty of people growing great looking weed with that.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower here is my journal. Any advice you might be able to give would be cheerfully accepted.

Thanks for the tag @Bubblehead I don’t have any recommendations other than good lighting. Based on a few comments above, you’re looking into it. I have a blueberry auto currently, and she’s got pistils all over her.

4 Likes

From the other thread about plant limits…
You can never start LST too soon. Even with an auto. I’ve left mine alone, but had she gotten too tall, I would have. I got a few autos to try, but honestly I’m not sure about them. My first mistake was how fast everything happens with them. Truly amazing and frustrating at the same time. @Bubblehead

3 Likes

I think the lighting I have is good it is just the operator. I had it turned up too high and too close early. Shortened my node spacing quite a bit. Now I’m trying to lengthen it a bit before I get into flowering. Each day I look at theses plants and think they are incredible. If one pays attention they change so much day by day. Some days are subtle and others can be rather dramatic. Now that my autos are transitioning to flowering some of the changes are getting to be dramatic during a 24-hr period.

5 Likes

@MattyBear @blackthumbbetty @Covertgrower @DoobieNoobie @PurpNGold74 well looks like I have my first nutrient deficiency, not that I’m proud. Comparing it to the chart I have of deficiencies, it appears to be the beginning of a nitrogen deficiency. Would one of you be willing to confirm or deny? The plants were watered this morning and now are not scheduled to be fed until this weekend for fear of over saturating the roots. Would a Foliar Spray containing 0.1-0-0.1 be of any help? Besides riding it out until this weekend are there any other options? Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Can you post some pics?

4 Likes

:point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5: What he said. Would be super helpful

1 Like

Yep pics would help.

1 Like

What the heck was I thinking. I had one and did not add it.
@MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

It looks a bit light colored but wait to see what the others say. I tried a foliar feed and it didn’t really help much. So I’m sure I didn’t do it right. Maybe someone has done enough to know the correct amounts of nutes to water for it. I personally would think you could get away with waiting a day and giving it a small feed.

1 Like

Looks more like Mag then N deficiency. But ima slacker diagnoser. Wait for the og eyes

6 Likes

Have you done a watering/feed til run-off? I’m wondering what your pH is in the root zone.

With that paleness between dark veins, it’s something other than (or in addition to) nitrogen. Magnesium, probably. Maybe other micronutes, depending on your pH.

What is the product you want to foliar feed with?

3 Likes

I have not watered to run off. I was told the plants were still too little to handle that much water. Per ProMix recommendations my pH has been 5.6-5.8 when watering and feeding. I could do a quick slurry if that would help.

The product is Ancient Amber by Roots Organic.

I ordered some CalMag that is scheduled to be here on Saturday.

1 Like

I think if anything it could be a magnesium deficiency.
I do want to say, that rapid growth does look similar. Does the whole plant look like this? Or just the older fan leaves? @Bubblehead

1 Like

@Bubblehead Would love to be added also. . looking forward to watching your grow. thanks

1 Like

@Covertgrower the entire plant is starting to same signs.

1 Like

That’s low, actually. Promix recommends 5.8-6.2. Lots of people go 6.2-6.5, too. I’m one of them.

4 Likes