Bubblegum auto flowers

Peroxide helps break down the membrane covering the seed.

1 Like

My formula is 1.5 teaspoons pyroxide to 1/2 cup of water soak for 12 hours then paper towel with that solution in ziplock under a bowl for total darkness for 24 hours and youā€™ll have just enough tail to tell the seed is viable while not tearing the micro hairs that may attach to the towel plant 1 knuckle deep tail down in medium under a dome(preferably with a spoonful of mykos) and keep it moist with a couple sprays 1 or 2 times a day remove dome when seedling no longer has helmet head above surface

1 Like

The air also helps the roots. Since youā€™ve dropped it into water which has oxygen, and the roots need oxygen and water, if you boost the oxygen, it helps the taproot grow better. It isnt just for the helmet, If thatā€™s what you meant.

1 Like

No the membrane is the coating on the inside of the helmet. Not breaking down the membrane is what causes helmet lock.

2 Likes

I understand that, but it also oxygenates the taproot more then regular water boosting the root growth.

OK, ā€¦ Cool.

Now none of the 5 germinated. I just want my money back from these people. From now on I will buy local, and plus the local seeds are cheaper plus they sprout.

To be honest, if you can buy seeds locally I would. Its not that I am saying they are better than ilgm but just do to the shipping stress. I mean you have no idea if it was shipped in high or low heat which affects the seeds shelf life. @mikedensman4

1 Like

But thatā€™s why if they dont germ, you send them back and get more replaced. Can keep germininating until they do popā€¦

Very true. Now if I can get my money back from these people are not

OK I understand the guarantee @Shaggy but the replacement guarantee doesnā€™t cover your time or schedule set backs. Money can be replaced time canā€™t.

It is always recommended to buy seeds online during late fall/ winter/ early spring to increase chance of germination but quite frankly I bought my ilgm seeds during the hottest weeks of the years and got 4/6 germination (Iā€™m starting to suspect water ph may have a hand in germination since my water is 7.3 and has a better germ rate then a lot of people with higher ph water though TEST TIME)

True. But Iā€™ll take the guarentee backs personally.

1 Like

Using h2o2 has never worked well for me. I have to use straight tap water. Either that or I end up with a a pile that will not pop. @Myfriendis410 uses h2o2 and always has no issues. So I think that is a hit or miss for what would work best for you. I would try a seed both ways to see what might be best for you

1 Like

Here is another one for you. I got replacement seeds for these bubblegum auto flowers and you will not believe but they are not germinating either. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated

How long do you let yours soak.

I got my replacement seeds in and they did not germinate either. I soaked them for up to 36 hours and put them in a paper towel that was wet and still no taproot. Bubble gum auto flowers.

I just did 3. One was over a year old. All three were dropped at noon and on a heat mat in a zip lock the next morning. I just put them in rooters this morning. I have had some take close to a week. But normally 48 hours and they are ready to roll. I am wondering if they got a bad batch of seeds. I got some like that from MSNL once. Blue dream autos were what I had and never got one to crack from 2 shipments. So 20 seeds worth. I hope after a day or 2 yours crack for you.

They do take time, some take longer than others. I had one 5 days before I had a root come out.

1 Like

Itā€™s just getting really frustrating, since I canā€™t get one seed to pop open Iā€™m just not sure what to do next. Any other suggestions you might have for me. Iā€™ll put three of my seeds in water on the heat mat a few minutes ago and hopefully that will help them pop open.

1 Like