Bubblegum auto flowers

What is the best germination process.

I’m growing a Bubble Gum now. What i did was place the seed in a glass of room temp water for 24 hours then placed it in a damp paper towel. When it had a 3/4 inch tap root i placed it in a clear solo cup so i could see the root grow( then put that cup in a red solo cup) with a clear dome that i misted the in side of twice daily. Placed the seedling under a T5-HO light at about 6 inches and give it 5ml of water every couple of days. Here are a couple of pic’s of it.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Here is the same plant 12 weeks later.

6 Likes

I did not think you were supposed to transplant an auto flower. They are to be put in the pot they finish in

Some growers do it that way. I have always done it this way never had a problem with it except for some things i did wrong in the beginning of growing (poor lighting,not giving nutrients correctly) my last harvest of a Blue Berry auto 3.8 oz.

3 Likes

Either warm place in napkins and spray for about 24-48 hours or in a germination station like a plastic jiffy some seed starter about 3 dollars at Home Depot and put it in there in the napkins keep it warm and dark and I use a heating mat underneath but not necessary or just drop I. Water for about 12-18 or longer depending on if it pops the. You can place in napkin or directly in medium. How this helps

You can with a root stimulant or mychorrizae dust it the root ball and the hole to prevent stunt shock

I’m with @Deepsix on the germination process, however I like to see the seed start before I transfer to paper towels. That can sometimes take a couple days of soak , sometimes they still don’t start and it takes a few more days in the paper towels to start.

2 Likes

36 hour soak transfered to paper towels this morning super skunk kush.

3 Likes

I agree with @SKORPION on the extended soak.

1 Like

@mikedensman4, if you are worried about transplanting. These guys work great. You just drop it in the final pot when you are ready. The roots will grow through the bag

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQXCD8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

I learned something new. That’s why I love this site.

Those bags are nice. Right now having lots of trouble with the seeds I bought from ILGM. Not sure about them at all now. Will more than likely go back to a local dispensary that has the seeds I’ve bought in the past. Only had 2 out of 15 that did not sprout.

I do 24 hours in water then straight to finally 3 gal fabric pot, and try not to handle the seed with bare hands

1 Like

No likes again. @mikedensman4, I believe ILGM will replace bad seeds if you contact them. I soak in plain tap water till they sink. Then into a paper towel and zip lock bag. And on a heat mat set at 77 degrees. I tried using the H2O2 like others here and it just never seemed to be consistent. Tap works for me.

2 Likes

Those look amazing. Tried germinating bubblegum in this grow. Just couldn’t get them to sprout. Will try again on my next grow, I want mine to mimic yours for sure! Well done

1 Like

Didn’t read them all, but put about a teaspoon I believe. Or tablespoon… I dont remember. Someone will correct it though if they haven’t already mentioned, of peroxide into a cup of water. Drop the seeds in and soak for 24 hours. After if still no taproot put into a damp, not soaked, just damp, paper towel. Within 1w to 24 hours you’ll have a taproot that’s at least an inch long I bet.

2 Likes

Why peroxide?

Its h202, adds oxygen to the water. Itll help the seed. I can’t really explain it. But just trust me. If you want a better scientific explanation, @Covertgrower I’m sure can explain it better.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much it.

1 Like