Bubble hash mix time

What’s the preferred mix time with a drill with a metal wand mixer with bubble hash bags? I think I’m running mine either too long or too much horsepower as I get too much green in my final product.

Less time is more blond but less yield. What’s the sweet spot?!?

2 Likes

I’ve never tried making ice hash, only dry ice version. I prefer the dry ice version after watching videos.
Maybe @Myfriendis410 @Nicky or maybe Hellraiser lol

2 Likes

I’ve never used a drill to mix it, I use the little washing machine the dude sells for his bags, used to go full cycle of like 15 minutes but also found that it made it too green so I now go with a 6-7 minute mix in the washing machine, yeah yield will be a bit smaller but better quality.

I’ve also found that a 20 minute soak in the ice/water before I start mixing helps the leaf/trim rehydrate and not be so brittle, lessening the green as well.

3 Likes

I did bubble hash but once I got turned on to dry ice kief I’ll never go back. One screen and shake until the color changes. Scrape it into a pile and put a pinch in the bong.

5 Likes

I have been freezing it as soon as harvest this round, seems like it works better

2 Likes

Yeah I freeze the fresh trim.

1 Like

A drill really beats the heck of of the material. A paddle or a large spoon slowly turned will give you the cleanest finished product.

4 Likes

I bought a portable wash machine I run it for 15 min drain thru bubble bags then run it a gain for 10 mins. I put about gallon size baggie of fresh frozen trim and small nuggs.in a 220 mesh bag. The stuff from 160 bag is for baking. 75 bag which is my favorite I’ll smoke. The smallest bag I use to sprinkle in joints. The dry trim I’m going to run over a screen and collect the kief. ( first time trying it) u will need lots of ice

1 Like

@Otis, I think I get ya as my super turbo bad azz drill with my homemade flat bar welded on a piece of all thread sho nuff beats that bud up.

But would just using say a crawfish paddle to stir it be enough to separate the good stuff?

I guess more horsepower is a bad thing? Lol! Man I been spinning bud so hard when I pulled the drill up it splashed 10 feet

2 Likes

@2GreenThumbs slow and steady in really cold water will separate the good stuff. Don’t use to much ice,either, just enough to keep the water cold.

2 Likes

No power tools, they put to much biomass into the hash.

Cold cold water, not to much ice once its cold enough, if washing in a bucket and not a washing machine fill a sink or a big bucket full of ice and salt to keep your bucket extra cold.

The water does the work bit the ice the ice is just there to keep it cold.

Freeze your material for 2 days then pull it out when ready and soak it for 45min then wash it.

If using a washing machine
Change the hose, the ripples are bad and capture your hash.
After the soak run the washer for short times and then let it settle.

3min, let sit for 3, run for 3 let sit for 3.
I don’t have the exact times worked out people have posted them but anyone who is telling you to run the 15min is wrong, it’s to much agitation.
Unless you are able to do it outside just above freezing (my plan next month to clean uo the closet of some old bud that has been laying around for to long).

Ensure your kid has a 45u bag if you don’t buy one extra.

@2GreenThumbs the drill will smash all the plant material into your hash and now your hash will be green =(

Wrecked it but you learned.
Yea I used a big wooden spoon or a wine making mixer spoon.

2 Likes

Disagree I run mine for 15 min then wait 10 mins then drain. And it didnt come out green. But to each his own.

1 Like

As long as you are happy with it that’s all that matters. I did the same thing for many years and was happy with it, then I spent some time with Frenchy (the famous hash making dude) and his hash was better than mine, talked about the differences of our methods and the big one was the washing machine time, I did the 15 minutes while he did closer to 5-6 minutes. My hash quality has gone up since I’ve reduced wash times, quantity has gone down but I don’t care about that, I don’t even do a 2nd rinse anymore either.

3 Likes

How much trim are y’all running at a time per bucket? I’m using the purple, yellow, and orange bags plus the material bag. I ran like a qp at a time last round but that was too much I think.

Yeah I usually doing around 2-3 oz of trim per batch.

1 Like

@Hellraiser Whew, my hash rosin comes out of the press kind of dark on 170 for 4 minutes, but the end product mixed with a couple drops of fruity pebbles in the vape blew my hair back and has a strong body buzz.

4 Likes

I had some bruce that grew outside with loose buds, some trim from the rest and a bunch small buds.3 gallon bags half full.i didnt weigh it.a pound?anyway,froze it for a week or so til I had time.220 micron and dry ice.shook it till It started to change color.pressed it with a c clamp in a pre press mold and baked 2 times at 150 degrees.wrapped in parchment, damp paper towel and tin foil.baked it.next day baked it again for 8 minutes each time.i rarely smoke but had to try it lol!put a chunk on a pin and a small tumbler and 5 puffs.coughed a bunch and then couch lock/close to vomiting lol!.burned to ash and I was real happy about the outcome except its harsh on the lungs.60 grams.

1 Like

I use a old variable speed drill with a mud mixing wand. Mix it for 15 minutes and let it settle. Check water temp/add a little ice if needed and mix again for 15 minutes, drain and press. The next day I’ll do another run. I’ve run 'em 3 times before but, it’s pretty much a waste of time.

1 Like

How in the world do you not turn it green? More than 5 minutes and mine is green not blonde

1 Like

I very easy trigger finger. I mean barely turning, if you are getting foam you are going too fast.

Also I lot of what I used was small buds not so much sugar leafs. My biggest plant did cure out with a good taste & I’m picky so I’d rather smoke what hash I could get out of it.

2 Likes