Bubble bags-step by step

Okay I do not know if this is correct or not. But from my experience of making bubble hash and smoking it
the two times in the process where bubbles come to mind are 1- when you’re doing a really good mix and you got a nice white frothy bubbly foam on top of your trim ice-water mix. 2- when I smoke pieces of it when it burns the hash begins to melt, it starts to sort of bubble a little bit as it’s being heated.
Maybe somebody knows the real reason. But off of the top of my head I’m guessing that’s where the name comes from? Great question though I’m curious if anybody has a real answer.

1 Like

6-8 plants of popcorn bud and trim @mulegal

I’m pretty excited to try this. I’m with @raustin, I need a pollen press now. I’m dropping my beans this weekend, so I’ll have to wait until September to make it.

4 Likes

@TDubWilly Mornin’ With my luck… I think I will try the dry method, I already have what I need!

2 Likes

Sounds good @highcountrygal

I think @Myfriendis410 put somewhere above that it doesn’t take allot of dry ice to do the job…

10lbs of dry ice can do allot of weed…

I have a grocery store around here that sells it by the pound or less so it makes it really easy for me to obtain small amounts. I’ve never had a 10lb piece before but based on the dry extracting I’ve done before I would guess that 10lbs of dry ice could probably extract 4-5lbs of weed. :grinning:

4 Likes

Great info @Myfriendis410…1/2 # dry ice. Thanks And smaller bag than the 5 gallon maybe for smaller growers?

1 Like

All I use is the 1 gallon, 73 micron bag. A lot easier to shake too,

3 Likes

Sounds like you’ve “popped” the bubble @neckNflu. Thanks big time.

1 Like

OK @Countryboyjvd1971, 6-8 plants of trim. Thanks

1 Like

Awesome @Myfriendis410. Exactly the info I was wondering about…1/2# ice and 1 Gal, 73 Mic bag

2 Likes

Thanks again @neckNflu for starting this topic. It’s super interesting and helpful.

And I’m with you @McB. My real harvest will be this fall. I now have my notes for then. :+1::rofl:

1 Like

Haha too funny. I’m glad everyone’s enjoying the topic. There’s been a lot of really interesting and cool information. Not to mention some great videos! Thanks all!

1 Like

My pleasure. Thanks for stopping by and reading. I did the same thing as you I wrote down a bunch of notes.
So funny this topic started as a step-by-step for using bubble bags and it’s also became a step by step for dry ice… In addition to great information about packing and molding your hash.
When you get around to trying some of these methods out let us know how you do. When I get a chance I’m actually going to try the dry ice method since I have always done the bubble bags. I really enjoy this forum. And thanks members for making it so interesting and helpful.

3 Likes

@raustin. When I first started making it I didn’t know about compressing it and just stored it in a small canning jar (loose) with the lid on. For Christmas my husband got me this and works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/Inches-Engineered-Cylinder-Tincture-Crusher/dp/B00B2GI5J4?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

@AnneBonny i have the same one :point_up: it works great
Using a light coat of veg oil on inside before using them keeps them from getting gummed up FYI
Rubbing alcohol cleans everything up great to :wink:

3 Likes

And it minces garlic too! Lol! I put it in my cart. Thanks, @AnneBonny, this is perfect.

2 Likes

@neckNflu @mulegal @McB @raustin @Myfriendis410 @merlin44 @TDubWilly @Countryboyjvd1971 @Sasquatch et al

Good morning all! Got my ‘bags’ yesterday (less than 24 hr turnaround), they come in a cool storage case 12 x 12" @raustin and may fit your space. I put 3 Tupperware containers of my trim in my freezer yesterday along with a jar of '16 grow, so I can putz around today with the dry method, freezer to screen, and depending on how well that works may finish with that. Or I may get brave and try the ice method with my new bags. I will pop in every so often and report progress!

10 Likes

Nice if isingbthe dry method sterile a few quarters and throw them in the bag @highcountrygal and just shake gently watch for color change whennit starts getting darkee you getting leaf material

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Actually from watching the you.tube videos, in the 2nd one posted the guy shows using a trimming tray screen and just rolling or rubbing the green over the screen into the keef catcher below. For a trial I will use the old stuff from '16. For the green stuff left over I won’t use, I can’t eat any edibles, chemo took care of that. I will probably use it for mulch. I’ll keep up with what goes on!

1 Like

That would work also @highcountrygal
WooHoo :raised_hands:

1 Like