Bruce Banner purple leaves?

We planted 2 Bruce banner (this is our first grow ever so we wanted to do 2 of each that we got) this is the only plant that is doing this. I’ve looked through tons of posts on here and even google but to me it does not look like bud rot or mold. But the other Bruce banner isn’t like this. Please help.

1 Like

I dont have too much experience with this, other than my friend grew a plant that did this and the bud was trash. Like it sucked no smell or tricromes. It doesn’t look like a good purple and its kinda black. Id see if anyone else knows more. @Hellraiser @dbrn32 . I never ran into this problem yet.

Or it could just be thats its gunna be a real dark purple lol

2 Likes

Never grown BB, but it’s prob just a Purple pheno. Do a Google search for Bruce Banner purple pheno and you can see some pics

1 Like

I’d think that just the color of the buds on that plant, not bud rot or mold, very interesting!

2 Likes

I won’t pretend to be an expert since I’ve only played on on TV, but that looks like genetics to me. Particularly as its consistent across each bud site. I’d probably learn to start cloning if she were mine. :rofl:

4 Likes

Me too, would love to save that pheno.

4 Likes

I think it looks really cool. I would say a unique pheno. Consider yourself lucky.

This is off topic… are you “mroutdoor……”

4 Likes

I would say natural anthocyanin reaction at this point. I don’t see anything that indicates otherwise. Sometimes this can happen with temp or ph swings. But can happen on its own without too.

2 Likes

I was thinking it was @bunnyblue, same finger nail polish.

2 Likes

If so, there are multiple people here growing a similar pheno.

1 Like

I’m more of a Frozen blue at the moment, while she’s got a bit of periwinkle in hers. :blush: But thanks for tagging me on this thread. What a neat look on that plant! I hope it’ll produce some fun buds.

1 Like

Hey I’m a guy it was blue. My wife used to give me crap for not noticing things like hair & whatnot till I shaved off 1/2 my mustach an she didn’t notice till a week later when the kids did an laughed at me. It was a lesson I learned from a shrink on how people look at others and usually only see 1/2 of their face. She never gave me any crap for not noticing ever again.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a pheno. I recently harvested a Bruce banner that looks identical. Completely healthy throughout the grow with tremendous smell and resin production. It will glisten in the sun and when you check your trichs you will notice some that are purple as well. Might just be the head or the stalk of the trich that turns purple. Very interesting looking through a loupe and can be hard to tell if they amber or not.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful purple buds be happy that the bud is trying to match your nail polish

@jenrow99 I had a similar experience with 9 Guerilla Glue Auto seeds. One of them came out purple while the rest were normal colours.

3 Likes

This might be off topic but is it normal for leaves tip to turn brown when in flowering.

@jenrow99 @Hellraiser having the same thing happen with my Bruce Banner auto from ILGM

4 Likes

Nice, love the exotic colors, will have to get some Bruce Banner seeds.

3 Likes

I always get some leaf tip burn in flowering, no biggie as long it’s not too much more than the tips.

1 Like