Bruce Banner Out of Control, need nelp?

I am one that just leaves the plant alone ( no removing leaves) unless they come off w/ a light pull. Gorilla glue on the left and Bruce Banner on the right, planted at the same time. Gorolla Glue is a couple weeks behind the Bruce Banner. I thought 3 x 3 x 6.5 tent would be big enough for 2 plants ( I was wrong) these plants doubled in size every 4 days for the first 5 weeks. Next time only one plant in the tent. Planted on May 1st.

Question, is that even a thing, the inverted cone? Sounds like you think i did this on purpose. :upside_down_face: lol! I wish i did, i would have done it with the others as well.

@THC73 Yeah, I just made that up for grins, but it does show how well you trained the branches to get good light penetration and that the lights you have do their job well, getting enough photo energy to the lower buds so they can thrive.

1 Like

She’s definitely thriving! She is my favorite of the bunch! My Girl Scout Cookies are a close 2nd. But this banner is definitely healthy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

GSC :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Bruce Banner on the right side Gorilla Glue on the left, bot planted on May 1st. Crazy growth, started w/ training branches but w/ growth rate I didnt have the time to screw w them everyday. I leave the plants alone except for topping at the 4th node. Next time only 1 plant, tent size 3 x 3 x 6.5.

2 Likes

Definitely photoperiod right!? You put my little autos to shame :disappointed:. Amazingly awesome!! :heart_eyes:

I have noticed that Bruce Banner can handle higher nutrients then the Gorilla Glue. For whatever reason Gorilla Glue lags behind about 2 weeks compared to Bruce Banner, I need the Gorilla Glue to stop growing its only got about 8" until it reaches the light. They are definitely hardy plants, my fan fell on gorilla glue but plant was so dense it stayed on to of the plant and ran for hours before i noticed it.

No they are suppose to be autoflower, thats why i bought autoflower to keep them somewhat small.

2 Likes

Wtf!! Are you serious?! Im amazed!!! How far did you have your lights when you started and at what intensity. Maybe that’ll explain how big they got. Those are freaking huge!! You must be stoked!! I need to learn how you got those autos so tall,

18" from top of plants my nodes when starting was less then 1" apart, this was my first time doing dwc. Followed the dli schedule week by week and using genral hydroponics and follow that schedule week by week. Gorilla Glue needs to stop growing, started budding 2 weeks ago so hopefully its about done growing.

1 Like

Man I hear EVERYBODY on here talking about how great GSC are lol. I am pretty sure out of 5 autos i will have the one above that may make a small bud or two so hopefully I will get enough to sample LOL. I was heartbroken. But I went and got 10 photo’s of GSC so after this batch I WILL have me some GSC :crazy_face:

1 Like

THC73 no worries he puts my autos to shame as well, he he but it gives me hope on what could happen and what they look like when they get big. How much do you think you will get from the harvest?

1 Like

Update: HELP Tried to turn down the light to about 50 percent helped with the stretching. Last feeding 7ml cal mag, big bloom, tiger bloom, 15ml grow big, tried to defoliate but ended up snapping a few limbs and got scared and stopped feel like i’m stressing them. Not sure what to do, I keep seeing these picture perfect buds in cone form and then look at my hot mess and realize how hard this keeps getting. Here are the pics best i could do for today. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :woozy_face: :weary:

BB Auto

GG Auto

GSC Auto

2 Likes

@madman2022 I usually wait to pick my favorite until I get a chance to try the finished product. The plant that I grew which had the best formed bud structure and greatest total weight turned out to be my least favorite. You never know which will turn out to be the one that really strikes your fancy.

This is my Banner, never out of control, but it could have used some.
3 weeks before harvest.

1 Like

She looks very nice my friend. Thanks for the input, how late in the game can i clear out some of the extra foliage. I guess I could have focus on the few sites that where showing good bud sites and trimmed everything else but hey its a learning process i guess.

1 Like

@madman2022 I am a minimalist. I mainly clear out fan leaves that are in the way of bud sites first, then lower larfy bottom buds or branches that just don’t look like they will produce anything. Leaves still produce energy for the roots and buds so I wait until they are ready to fall off. This usually happens closer to the end of flower.

So, I wanted to update everyone with some progress. I have made some changes pruning and managed not to kill them so I would say its progress. However, my double trouble girl seems to be giving me issues. Mainly because i switched her to soil after an already tramic life. She seems to be getting worse to me overwater, over nut, over doing it but hey i’m trying to keep her alive for a taste.
June 28th
BB - Polly

GG - Erica

GSC - Brittany

1 Like

July 1st
BB - Polly

GG - Erica

GSC - Brittany

1 Like

July 6
BB- Polly