Bruce Banner hates me

To be completely honest and know this may break normal convention, but I use pH strips (from Amazon for measuring kidney function) that are accurate to .25 decimal place in the range we grow in. Since I’m a soil grower, I feed anything 5.5-7 pH and don’t sweat it. Still getting awesome bud. They cost like 12 bucks for 200 strips that have yet to steer me wrong yet.

5 Likes

Nice colors growmie

1 Like

Pretty girl!

I have the strips, too, but I would go through a lot when dialing a batch of water/nutes in. I have phDown that will take 5gallons at 9.1 (what spring water typically is) tp 6.0 with 3 DROPS!
The same phUp in the set takes 5Ml to get it up to 6.75pH WTH?!?

The best way so far has been with an Aspera meter (mid-level):

APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209-T Value Series PH20 pH Tester

I feel so much more confident with it. Also, I can’t see the differences in the paper tint like other people apparently can. The strips all end up looking the same. :frowning:

1 Like

UPDATE!
I tossed her out back to fend for herself, and the entire week it has been quite chilly from the 40s to the '60s and almost every day it is rained…

But apparently she does not like the fancy trimmings of a grow tent and fancy lights. She’s just a country girl apparently…

It’s only going to get warmer and sunnier here in Connecticut, and I really want to move a couple outside from the same batch that the mutant is from.

There were three that behaved normally, all born at the same time, and I think I’m going to throw one or two of those outside here soon to grow along with their bastard mutant step sister…

100% honest, I thought it’d be dead by now.

!

2 Likes

Other than the textured leaves, it looks healthy to me! I say keep that train rollin.

1 Like

Not stopping now! It’s a curiosity now. I can only think of things like dandelions that have leaves like that, but I’m no horticulturist.

Can anybody else see what this might be mixed with, I mean not for sure but what it looks like?

I asked before, but no bites: Has anyone an idea of what other plant has leaves like this? I’m not saying it’s a hybrid, or not a nuclear mutation (a la Gilligan’s Island), just really wondering…

Thx!
:slight_smile:

It sucks that it’s an auto, as I can’t clone it if it turns out desirable… Stopping autos, only doing fem’d for this and other reasons… Just have to run through the rest of the seeds in stock here at the same time until gone…

I don’t think it’s mixed with anything, I’m fairly certain that’s just a weak seed with mutations within its genetic makeup.

1 Like

The mutant lives! …and it likes outside more than a tent…

I don’t want to say ILGM gave me weak genetics (on their own forum), so we’ll just say there was a little nuclear accident somewhere along the way…

1 Like

Update at 3 months? My ILGM Bruce Banner Auto mutant apparently loves the outdoors!

Note the look of the fan leaves not familiar with this story. If we go more than 3 days without rain, I soak the 17 gallon and 5 gallon pots outside. It does have a Bruce Banner auto sister outside in a 5 gallon pot, but it can’t be compared to that one because when transferring it, I snapped the primary root by grabbing on to the main stem at the soil line. You could really hear and feel the snap. I figured the thing was dead because the entire plant above ground just swiveled around like a crash test dummy.

I propped it up and just kept watering it like no big deal, and moved it in a position to get the most amount of sun each day directly. It’s doing well believe it or not, but it may not be a star performer because of the trauma I put it through.

There’s a shot I hope comes out okay of that one:

3 Likes

Thanks for updating. I found this whole thread interesting.

1 Like

My mutant cabbage/dandelion seems to like the outdoors, as long as I water her every other day…

Bruce Banner’s Natural Enemy

Sir Earl Grey Poopon

1 Like

Heard Bruce Banner strain can be finicky. I will trying that strain after Gorilla Glue.

1 Like