Bruce Banner flowering questions

Looks a little calcium deficient.
Bb takes a while to mature because it’s sativa dominant.

Otherwise she looks good.

Thanks for the advice. Is Epson salts best for the Cal/Mag issue? How much per gallon of water?- I’ve read that folliar feeding brings faster results, True or BS? How about Flushing, looks like I’m premature, what should I look for before I initiate, and how long before harvest? Does BB “stretch”? About the Nitrogen burn, should I half the Big Bloom? I’m underground and the temp stays pretty constant 65*/ 68* F is this an issue,and should I get a space heater ? And what should I look/test for in my run-off? Thanks Again

1 Like

And you got that off that photo? Dang. I need to keep my mouth shut and listen!

65F is perfect. You want to wait until your white pistils are close to being gone. I see a healthy plant. Could you point out the Cal and Mg deficiencies noted? Are you using any P, K sulfate boosters? What are your nutes?

Good Morning, and thanks for replying. Not sure what you were asking concerning the Cal/Mag deficiencies, those were suggested by the forum. I use well water pH’d to 6.5, EM1, 3tsp of big Bloom, and 1tsp of Tiger Bloom. I’m here at the library and can’t say what the mixture actually is. I looked for cal/mag supplements, but live in a small town… any suggestions? Thanks

@OldSmoker, GM to you, there are a few around here that knows exactly what that is, I would suggest to put in a support ticket that will flag someone to help… here is the link…

i also had issues with bruce banner . but after i added cal/mag - almost 1ml/Lt , alll trouble were over .

Oldsmoker, how is things going your way? Hows thr plants?

Good Day; I went ahead and harvested. I developed a calcium deficiency problem, and by the time it manifested itself, I had issues. thanks for the follow up, Happy Trails

Hi Bob; I went ahead and harvested… by the time the cal/mag deficiency manifested itself all I could do was play catch up. I’ve read in different sites HOW to deal with Cal/Mag issues once they show themselves, but nothing on how to prevent it in the 1st place. I started a new plant, and folded in 1 cup of Dolomite lime into 10gal of soil. It would be great to have a maintenance program that I couple with the feeding schedule. What are you using for cal/mag? Thanks, and Happy Trails.

1 Like

Dolamite lime is a good source of Cal/Mg, but may be dissolving slowly in the soil raising the pH. Your problem may not be a deficiency, but instead be a lockout caused by pH. Are you monitoring the pH of the water after it flows through the soil?

1 Like

No, I regularly tested the soil, and the water prior to watering, and flushed the pot monthly, but never checked the outflow…I’ll make sure to this time around. I didn’t use the dolomite on this last grow, the symptoms came up fast. Is there a product available that deals with the problem without compromising the pH? I used Epson salts judiciously, but lacked a guideline for amount…sort of winged that, at 1 tsp per gal of water…thanks —Original Message-----

1 Like

The pH of the soil needs to be maintained in a range. Epsom salts would raise the pH. All additives should be pre-pH’d prior to addition and should be fully dissolved.

I pH test my soil at a depth of 4" is that adequate?

1 Like

Should be. Probably more accurate to take run off, but we are talking horseshoes and hand grenades. As long as it’s close you should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks for your great advice…have a Great weekend, Happy Trails

1 Like

Here’s a little Bruce banner bud
Managed to bring out some purples

3 Likes

Hello All; I’m into the flowering stage on My second try at growing Bruce. Thanks to all for their advice and input on my first Bruce grow, I tried following it this time around… Same set up as before as far as light,soil and nuits. except I didn’t fertilize at al til wk 5 ( the manufacturer recommended it) and then I cut the portions by half. My runoff has been testing 6.8/7.0 through the grow.
It’s been one month exactly since the 1st white hairs, not much smell yet. I’m following the feeding schedule using half the dosage,and water 1g/2x weekly (the container feel light).runoff about a pint per watering and testing using strips 6.8 pH. Light is on red spectrum only,12/12 and 24" above canopy.Temp 77* Humidity 60.
Not being familiar with the strain, I harvested the 1st plant too early for sure. How long does it take for Bruce to mature from white hair to harvest? This plant is roughly 2’x2’ tall, is that normal?
My 1st plant was really root bound,I imagine this is also. it’s a 7g container.does this pose a problem?
I sent some photos. Take a look at the leaves, I don’t have the symptoms as before, but maybe someone will see something stands out… Thanks, and Happy Trails

Using fabric pots help keep plants from getting root bound.

I’ve grown ilgm b banner 2 times now. They take a while to finish. Closer to 10 weeks. Really great smoke and the smell is citrusy delicious.

You’ve got a while to go.

Thank you

1 Like