Bruce Banner Autoflowers, is it the right time to FIM?

No problem. If you need anything just tag me in!

3 Likes

Will do! Thanks again.

2 Likes

Personally I would suggest topping and like @JWhistler stated if you miss you could have a top or nothing at all. I like growing my autos to 5-6 nodes then top down above the 3rd node. I start training autos early so they have some recovery time. Unlike photos not a lot of time before flowering, usually preflower at around 3.5-4 weeks not counting the 2 week germ/seedling stage. You got this Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I topped one of my autos and FIMmed the other. The topped one is much better behaved, but to be honest it’s probably just the genetics, as the one I topped is a sativa heavy, while the other is indica dominant.
But here’s a photo for example:
Front left was fimmed and is 1 week older; back left was topped and is the 1 week younger.

Right side plant is a photoperiod so it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

4th/5th node is what I have had the best success with and this method was borrowed from a expert grower long ago from auto flower network who has long since gone offline and I can’t remember his name even.

I prefer not to top because it’s a higher stress method and it only leaves 2 tops unlike a FIM which leaves 4 if done correctly.

3 Likes

@OGIncognito TOPing seems to be the #1 reply I get. When you have 5-6 nodes how tall are they? I have about 5-6 nodes right now but feel its too small. My first Bruce Banner I just want to grown “naturally” never seen a Marijuana plnat grow… My 2nd BB, I want to Top, its the smaller of the 2 plants with no LST. Is now the right time? or should I wait until the plants the size of the Bruce Banner with the LST? Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

@Nicky thanks for the vids, always forget about Youtube!

1 Like

2 Likes

On the BB, has it been healthy the whole time? If so, you can wait until that upper new growth I see in the pics is just ta enough to top or you can not top and wait. Then I would bend her over mid height and tie her down in almost a 90 degree position. Some strains grow tall, some short and bushy. Here’s a pic of topping that I actually missed on and decided to let here grow naturally and did LST with bending and tieing the sides down. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Plants are looking good! How old are they because that might influence my decision? Ever considered not doing anything but lst? Lastly the plant size will depend on what strain you have. I grew two bruce banner autos from ilgm. Both stayed short and did not like being topped or fimmed. This last grow I didn’t top or fim all my plants. The ones that got only lst produced a lot more. Just throwing it out there to maybe just go low stress and see how the plants do. Good luck😎

3 Likes

@Capt.Cola Thanks, I was hoping I was doing this right! Thanks for the reassurance. I think you’re the winner! I am just starting LST on the larger BB and thats all I wanted to do, I am too nervous to FIM or TOP on my first grow. The larger BB is about 6 weeks old from planting the seed. And the smaller one is about 5 weeks from planting the seed. Thanks for the advice! I’m gonna stay safe and just do LST…

1 Like

@OGIncognito As far as I know, little experience…, they have been looking healthy the whole time. I think I was under watering them in the beginning, read too many threads of overwatering… Just a little slow growth. Once I figured the watering schedule and amount out they are growing like crazy. The girls love Smooth Jazz too. From yours and Capt.Cola suggestions, and my inexperience, I’m gonna do LST and that’s it. Is the larger BB I have look the right height to bend at 90° now? Something like the main pic on this Guide?

1 Like

That’ll work :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

@OGIncognito you mind giving me your thoughts on this LST job I did? I broke 1 of the smaller branches at the bottom, shouldnt be an issue? It seemed like it was blocked from most of the light anyways. :frowning:

2 Likes

@Capt.Cola any opinions on my LST from above? Thanks again for the advice!

1 Like

Your lst look great, that’s a good amount don’t go as hard sideways to a 90* like alot of photo growers do. Also bring your light closer, see how far your nodes are spaced away?

2 Likes

@Nicky thanks for the reply, I am so new to this unless you talk to me like a toddler I am lost. LOL. So what is the optimal node distanced? My light says to keep it 18-24" away during flower, my plan is to let it grow to 18" away then move it up again to 24". how do I know I’m close enough? Again thanks for the support!

For short let’s say half and inch, in reality as you learn to grow plants you will grow them the way you want.

Forget height.
Use Daily light interval (DLI)

Read post #1 and watch the video, then read post 277.

1 Like

Nice job, especially your 1st one. You could also tie above the highest one you have on the Main if you wanted to get the upper bent over a little more. This would help keep all the growth sites and canopy even when they start hitting the stretch :love_you_gesture:

1 Like