Bruce Banner Autoflowers, is it the right time to FIM?

Need some help. Thanks for all the advice so far! I was wondering if this was the right time to FIM this Bruce Banner auto? I’ve been reading up on topping and FIMming and FIMming seems to be the “best” for autos given their short growtime? Yet, I also read that you shouldn’t FIM if the plant has gone into flower.

I am pretty sure this BB has gone into flower given the white hairs, but I am not sure. First grow and these autos are crazy. Having a blast growing them though! Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I Havnt fimmed but I think your looking to do it around the 5th node. @Nicky knows what’s up, maybe he’ll chime in

3 Likes

Btw your not in flower yet

2 Likes

Yeah thats what I read too, I believe I am at the 5th node now. Thanks for the reply @Pinboy

1 Like

Even with the hairs showing?

Those hairs are just telling you it’s a girl…

3 Likes

LMAO! Been smoking this stuff for 30years, I know nothing. Thanks again!

6 Likes

I typically fim or top once I hit the 6th node

3 Likes

@LiesGrows thanks for the reply, when you say the 6th node, when? Like as soon as you see the 6th node coming in?

1 Like

Whats FIM?

1 Like

Personally I would top being your 1st one. I grow autos and some strains recover well and some take a minute. I haven’t experienced any slow growth after topping. Fimming mine takes a couple of weeks before I can start spreading her out. Just my preference :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Fimm is a term meaning F**k I Missed originating from topping. It produces more bud sites than topping.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! While I’m at it, everyone mentions LST but I cannot find a definition or a method for topping, FIM or LST any help on these acronyms are great. I guess I will probably do it once I’m seasoned but all the acronyms and shorthand and whatnot can be confusing!

WHat is LST and what does it involve?

1 Like

LST stands for low stress training its when you tie down bend and tuck your plant into certain positions so that you can train the plant to maximize your plants

2 Likes

Looks like they have you taken care of. I just fimmed a few days ago on my Bruce banners autos.

Here’s my grow if you would like to follow along!

https://ilgmforum.com/t/bruce-banner-gsc-extreme-autos-jacks321-coco/73647/73?u=jwhistler

2 Likes

@OGIncognito thanks for the reply! So you would suggest topping, you’re not the first one to tell me that. So when I go to top, I would cut above the 5th node and chop it completely off? Is my plant above right at the spot to Top/FIM? I’m a little nervous, thats why I am asking so many questions!

1 Like

@gollybillager Here’s Bergmans site for LST/Topping/FIMing. Look around the Guides Section and the forums. I have learned sooo much!

1 Like

@JWhistler thanks for the reply! So you would suggest FIMing over topping autos. SO happy you are growing the same plant too! Thanks for the link, the girls look beautiful!

Thanks! And I chose to fim. Thinking if I missed fimming I have essentially topped. So didn’t really matter to me. I know these Bruce banners get big and I’m going to keep them as small as possible.

I have my lights a little stronger than normal trying to keep them from stretching much. Topping/fimming also tells the plant to stay small.

You will get 100 different answers to each of these questions you ask because everyone has their own “best” way of doing things.

4 Likes

Exactly, I read the Bruce Banners get tall and bushy and I dont think I have enough room. That’s a good mentality to have, FIM, if I miss then I Topped. Either way you get the expected result. Definitely seen people all over the place with what to do. Thaks for the advice!

2 Likes