Bruce Banner autoflowers flowering early

From a fellow grower: **We have been growing Bruce banner autos for 5 weeks now are they are not doing good . Very small and flowering already. The tallest one we have at 5 weeks is 8" tall, very very small . The second group at 2 weeks seedlings very small already look very frail and yellowing some.

bruce banner auto , indoor grow , start seedlings with fox farms light warrior , into fox farms 50/50 blend of happy frog and ocean forrest , PH run off 6.3 - 6.8 , medium PH 6.3 - 6.8 , 1/2 cup worm castings , guia green 4-4-4 1/4 serving (worm castings & 4-4-4 mixed in medium) . Growers Choice 720E lights 18 on 6 off , temps 77 lights on , 68 lights off , humidity stays between 60-70% seedlings / 50/60 % veg stage , ventilation 6" , AC and heating yes temps stay between 69-77 degrees , humidifiers and dehumidifiers yes.

Image is of Bruce Banner autoflower at 6 weeks

3 Likes

What you are seeing sometimes happens. Autos can be the luck of the draw. Some simply flower too soon. The only suggestion I have is to consider growing photos instead of autos so that you have control over when they flower.

6 Likes

This White Widow auto was a whopping 35g finished buds.

Should have had 6 or 8 colas like the big one on the right.

3 Likes

Yep. Better for experienced growers. This was the 3rd post today from new growers about auto under-performance. It gets frustrating because a lot of new growers think that autos are easier to grow. I have a growing collection of autoflower pics that are just pathetic. Has to be very frustrating for the new growers too.

4 Likes

Yeah, not so much.
Simpler maybe but not easy at all. Only takes the light schedule out of the equation but adds a lot of potential disasters waiting to happen. No time to recover from even the least of issues.

4 Likes

It would be great if we didn’t see them flower so soon. The earliest I’ve seen one flower here in the forum is 2.5 weeks. The longest we’ve seen is 12 weeks.

3 Likes

Bingo! Underfed plants don’t produce a lot

2 Likes

I did 1 auto, that was the end of that. These girls like to do what they want, when they want.
Back to photos so i have a bit of control.

1 Like

Photos are way funner growing but autos have their own challenges

3 Likes

I’ve gotten a few free auto seeds from seed seller promotions. I’ve never dropped an auto seed though. I might grow one for fun the next time I fire up a grow.

2 Likes

I usually do a winter grow with autos due to the cold temperatures in my area I can run the light’s 24 hours keeping my temperature up but even with good genetics sometimes you get a 3 inch wonder that’s the reason I much rather grow photos

3 Likes

Awesome idea! I have cold, dry winters too.

I like starting a grow in August so I can take advantage of high humidity for 8 weeks and then lower humidity by harvest time.

1 Like