Bruce Autos - First Time Grower

Thank you

@Fieldofdreams @Twelve1 @MidwestGuy @Mosca @GreggT @NCgrower Hi folks - watered for the first time since repotting. Did a 1/2 gal, shared between both pots. Gals are looking pretty darn good - very happy that you guys encouraged the repotting:)

4 Likes

Not the expert, looks like water droplets on your leaves, becareful, i think some lights magnify those water spots and burn spots…

Your ladies looking :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@Mosca thanks!!! I didn’t want to knock them around too much. I’ll take care of that now:)

My tips got little spots. Cold front came, thought they would be warmer, left hoods on, too much humidity, light magnified the spots on the leafs. We okay now.

1 Like

Looking good my man!!! And yes try not to wet the leafs.

1 Like

@GreggT @Fieldofdreams @Twelve1 @MidwestGuy @NCgrower @Mosca

Hi folks - I’m thinking ahead a little bit. I have the AC Infinity Ionboard s24 200w light in my tent. I’m wondering if I’m going to be woefully underpowered come flowering time? I’ve seen some folks using lights on the side to get better light coverage. Also, of note, I think I’ll be using the trellis or doing some LST - do you guys have any thoughts on one or the other, for a first timer? Or would you hold off?

1 Like

I use trellis netting. I am in an open room so I can walk around 12 plants.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with the light but agree that it’s probably the single most important purchase to be made for the grow.

@Newt was recently posting about purchasing some side lighting as well. He may have some thoughts to share.

I’ve only done lst on my plants as of yet unless topping is considered hst? I like to pull the outer limbs down and out towards the container edge in order to open up the middle for more light penetration. My indoor Godfather OG should have have a net over them. They flopped like crazy. I’ve just been jamming bamboo skewers down into the pots to tie off onto. I like to move my plants around and out of my way for access deeper into the tents.

4 Likes

I have the AC Infinity S22, and it is a solid light, very happy with it. And as soon as the 16" supplemental lights are back in stock, I plan to add them to my flower tent.

1 Like

Thanks @Newt! Which 16” lights are you thinking of adding and where will you put them in the tent? Thanks in advance:)

1 Like

@Newt - sorry - found them! They will be back in stock in 3-4 weeks:))) I still would like to know how you’ll place them when you get the lights? Thanks again!

1 Like

My plan is fluid. But if I can get 2 sets, I’ll put one full set on the back of the tent, in two rows end to end, then one strip on either end. and one each vertically on the front tent poles. Then simply rotate the plants daily so that get it from all sides.

2 Likes

@Fieldofdreams @Twelve1 @GreggT @Mosca @NCgrower @Newt Hopefully, you guys don’t mind me tagging. If you do, let me know and I’ll hold off. The girls are really taking off and I am very, very happy to see what everyone has talked about with veg really starting. I continue to monitor weight of the pots and watering only when needed. Again, 1/2 gal between the two and a little top off with soil, as I had extra from aP4P and the water was settling the soil a bit more. I know we aren’t there yet, but when should I start thinking about placing the trellis? Any thoughts on height of plants/shape of plants before throwing the trellis on? How close/high should I place it when the time comes. Here’s a photo of the gals:)))

5 Likes

Also, thank goodness for the RO Buddie - I’m up north, so my humidifier has been hustling through water like crazy this winter. Here’s my setup - only $65 with hooks and a mat for storage between fill ups. Also using some 3m clips to hold the lines between uses and keeping the tubing from falling out of the tube/causing a mess/mini-flood!

3 Likes

Looking good, we are at 10 days with our 2 girls. To some, at this stage, theres not alot going on and much to see. Those guys are on auto pilot with their grows, us rookies, watchin and making notes, learning. Would like 3 to 4 grows like this with minor tweaks each time.
Thats another plus to growing autos, 3-4 veg and then the magic starts.

1 Like

For one, I dont mind the tag at all. That is what I am here for, to help and learn. To your question about the net, it is hard to say right now because each plant grows different in width and height. I plan on between 16-20 inches above pot and evaluate as they grow, maybe higher or lower.

2 Likes

Looking good. And tag me anytime. :smile_cat:

And for the trellis, it is variable based on available height. When I use a trellis, I put the net where they can double in height and not crowd my light.

1 Like

@NewbieWazowski thanks for the tag growmie! I haven’t used a net yet because I like access into my tents. When I deal with flopping I stab in bamboo stakes and tie off. I try and use silica pretty consistently in order to have strong stalks although that didn’t help my Godfathers recently.

I’d wait for your net when the stretch starts so you know about where the flower weight should be.

2 Likes

@Twelve1 @GreggT @MidwestGuy @Mosca @Fieldofdreams @Newt

So darn excited guys! Things are really moving along!!! Anyone here from up north, finding that a humidifier set for 60% goes through 1.5gal every other day? I have a second humidifier as a back up for when I’m gone a few days next week. It’s wifi, so I can see when one humidifier goes dry, and I can kick the second one on. Just wondering if that’s normal or I’m doing something silly? I have the AC Infinity in-line fan going at level 1 and oscillating fan at level 2. Temp is 80 during the day and 70 at night. Humidity stays pretty steady at 60-65%. Here’s a pic of the girls!!! I’m open to any thoughts/feels:)

4 Likes