Brownish yellow tips and drooping. NEED HELP FAST!

Summary

Summary

This text will be hidden

I’m not sure why but, my plant (4weeks 27 days old) has been brownish yellow at the tips for a week now. The light is 3feet away and I’m using 300watts . Can anyone help me figure out what it is and a solution to fixing it

1 Like

Looks like nitrogen toxicity, but more information will be helpful to confirm or rule out other issues.

Your pots should be filled up to within a few inches of the rim of the pot.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

3 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
: Gsc

: organic soil

Soil brand and type
: Fox farm happy frog

: cloth pots

Will be checking tomorrow with new supplies

• Indoor or Outdoor
: indoor

• Light system
300w led 3feet away from plants

• Temps; Day, Night
: Day 81-85, Night 75-80

• Humidity; Day, Night
: 30 - 40

Just a small 10in fan

Neither

• Co2; Yes, No
Yes

2 Likes

Definitely looks like nitrogen toxicity… I had to flush mine with ph neutral water to solve the problem with mine… then I lowered my regular nutes and added calmag it helped in two hours

2 Likes

Definitely looks like nitrogen toxicity… I had to flush mine with ph neutral water to solve the problem with mine… then I lowered my regular nutes and added calmag it helped in two hours…

1 Like

Would be great to know pH and PPM, as there are probably issues with both. In the absence of that, I would guess N toxicity too.

2 Likes

How do I check the ph and ppm

1 Like

Ph is important you want 5.2 to 6.2 . not sure what kind of nuts your using sanna if my favorite cant get it wrong. Pm metrt will add of ph you may have to adjust up or down do this after your done mixing all parts. Ppm. Tdc meter will give your ppm. You adjust this with additives. A rodi system for water is a good idea. Sun water and love is all it takes.
Good work and welcome

I checked the PH and it says 5.3, this is my first grow so I’m not totally sure but i was told the ph is supposed to be 6.0-7.0 with the sweet spot being 6.5 I also use fox farms nutrients. Im not sure if I checked the ph correctly and I also wasn’t sure what to do with the tds meter so I didn’t use it. I’m going to have to test it over again in the morning before I water them. How do I use the ph and tds correctly?

1 Like

This is correct for a soil grow.

2 Likes

The ph meter should first be calibrated using appropriate solution. For now lets assume it is accurate. Using either the pH or TDS meters can be as straight forward as turning in on and sticking it in the solution until you have a steady measurement.
Assuming you are not using reverse osmosis (RO) or distilled water which has no measurable particles
Take pH and ppm measurements of plain water.
If you are doing water only, the only thing left to do is adjust the ph of the water to the desired ph. 6.5 for soil is a good number.
If a feed day, add the nutrients in the prescribed order (if any) FF-trio order does not matter. Check ppm and pH. If ppm is higher that wanted dilute the solution with more water. retest. Once ppm is in range, now it is time to check pH. Use pH up or down solutions to adjust ph to desired ph.

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
: Gsc

: organic soil

Soil brand and type
: Fox farm happy frog

: cloth pots

07/7/21 : 5.3 Checking the runoff from my feeding it says 6.2

Wasn’t sure it just showed :::: 0008
• Indoor or Outdoor
: indoor

• Light system
300w led 3feet away from plants

• Temps; Day, Night
: Day 81-85, Night 75-80

• Humidity; Day, Night
: 30 - 40

Just a small 10in fan

Neither

• Co2; Yes, No
Yes

I’m still a bit confused after testing the run off yesterday from my feeding because the ph meter started to glitch between 6.86 to 6.21 and the ppm just says 8. I tested everything before I used anything but again I’m still confused

What kind of meters are you using, can you post a pic of them?

They’re Vivosun meters. I tested both with their ph buffers and got good results from that test but when I used them for the runoff it glitched

Yeah those are ok, just wanted to make sure you had reliable tools

So she didn’t make it and now my other gsc are showing some of the same yellow and or brownish yellow spots

2 Likes

Oh no, the one didn’t survive? That blows

I’m not sure who to tag on this so I’ll tag some randos hoping they can help as I don’t really know, but I’d hate for you to lose any more

@PurpNGold74
@Hellraiser
@Myfriendis410

3 Likes

You might need to flush them if it is too much Nitrogen but let’s wait for more ideas from the professionals

She’s not dead yet my friend. Have you added anything to that soil? Maybe ur FF nutes or Compost?

Those clawing leaves, burned tips scream N toxicity. Like @MidwestGuy & @Bopeep said.

6.5 is indeed the sweet spot in soil. Aim for there.

That Vivosun pH meter is bound to falter. A few use them just fine, but i had 2 that NEVER read the same. Both turned out to be wrong after I got my Apera20. The tds meter on the other hand should be fine. But a ppm of 8? O heck nah. Id order another one of those stat.

Without proper pH and ppm readings, we are throwing darts in the dark.

These boxes forming look to be a magnesium deficiency. But that could be due to a few diff things. Could be pH is too low, could be Nitrogen is too high, could be just the light hitting the leaf making it look funny.

Id start with those meters. Both ur readings sound false. From 6.8 straight jumping to 6.2 is MAGNITUDES of different. And a ppm of 8 is unheard of using FF soils. Ive had STARVING plants in that dirt with readings still over 200 ppms.

3 Likes

Agree. It’s pretty hard to get soil PPM below 300 even with a flush.

2 Likes