Browning on bottom leaves after transplant (pics)

hey peeps. so my plants look pretty happy after transplanting (first ever grow):

However, I noticed that the bottom leaves are getting brown spots:

For the record, I am using FFOF soil. I don’t see how it can be a nutrient deficiency if I just transplanted it into all this new FFOF soil.

My pH is fine. Using tap water and it’s 7.2 but I use ph down to bring it to 6.5.

Was thinking light burn might be the culprit so I raised the lights from 20" to about 22" above. However if light burn was the reason then why would only the bottom leaves be browning and not the top ones?

What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated.

do you let the water sit 24hrs to let the chlorine dissipate?

sometimes. usually not though

my water goes from 6.8 to 8.2 after i let it sit for 24 hrs.
chlorine is not good. Plus it kills good bacteria.
Others may have more input, but you should let the water gas off the chlorine every time.
I use an aquarium bubbler to speed the process up.

Overall they still look really good.

2 Likes

Light burn would start at the top of the canopy. Do you have some pictures under natural color lights?

1 Like

Thanks @Spiney_norman. I’m gonna get a big gallon jug to hold water in 24 hrs before watering.

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie that’s what I figured. Just took some now. Hopefully these are a little better.

Get something with an open top like a bucket.
You need surface area exposed to the air to let it dissipate

1 Like

Bump. Anyone have any other ideas of what the problem might be before I declare that it’s my water?

Have you checked your runoff pH and TDS? They look pretty good overall. I don’t think you have a serious issue, but runoff numbers would tell you more.