Browning of pistils

Are these pistils brown enough for harvest? What else should i look for?

1 Like

Looks like a solid 4 weeks or more Growmie. When did you 1st notice pistils :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ive had them brown out “early” but they contnued with no issues.

2 Likes

Just about 4 weeks ago i started seeing them. How often should i continue to water it? Am i suppose keep trimming the fan leaves? This was my first try, i didn’t think i was gonna make it to the end!

1 Like

I would not take any more leaves. The plant needs them.
Any chance there are others growing nearby?
Pollen will turn the pistils early. If not it may just be the plants particular genetics.

3 Likes

With @Spiney_norman on defoliation. At 4 weeks in flower you have a good bit of time left for bud development and plumping :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Good growing to you.
Pictures attached. Got viewer magnifyier?

Pollenated flowers will turn brown with the white tips

6 Likes

Yep @DEEPDIVERDAVE , that’s why I mentioned pollination. I see the tips are brown all over.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if they’re more growers nearby but i live on a big piece of land and our neighbor’s are not close by me.

1 Like

I have seen them brown like that from other causes, but if you find seeds in a few weeks you will know for sure.

3 Likes

What exactly does that mean about my plant?

@DEEPDIVERDAVE I did not know that. I only grow fem seeds indoors. Nonetheless it is good to know.

4 Likes

Royal Queen seeds has a nice article about pollination.
A pistil will turn brown on the tip only if pollenated.
But I have seen plants outside sprayed with stuff do the same thing so its not absolute.

2 Likes

Male pollen can travel on the wind for miles.

If it has been pollinated, there will be seeds of course and the plant shifts it’s energy to making seeds so potency will be diminished some.

That is a fact. There is still hope.

It is quite a journey, especially the first grow. I am sure you learned a lot this time and will do even better next time.

2 Likes

After reading and learning more on the above topic of tips being brown, I have spent time looking closely at the outdoor plants. I found and evicted a catapiller. But for further discussion I saw quite a few swollen pods with no hairs protruding (white or brown). Definitely not male because green seed was in pod (checked three/found three seeds). I have no clue if this is normal, but going to be a good seed harvest if the rain holds off.

1 Like

Thats a bummer.
Hopefully it wont be too bad.