Brown taco leaves

It is a PH buffer and should drive it up about 1.0 PH. Before you do; verify your PH by doing a calibration on your meter. That’s where the rubber meets the road so you want to make sure you are getting good data.

1 Like

I double-checked one of my runoff ph tests with the ph test kit that came with my advanced hydroponics ph adjustment kit. The results matched my ph meter. I also calibrated my meter in the last week. Do you think that’s sufficient?

1 Like

I top-dressed all my plants with 1 tbsp. of lime. I will test the runoff tomorrow. I just watered them yesterday and only 1 used most of it.

1 Like

Don’t hurry the process. Give the plant a chance to resume a normal watering regimen and monitor your runoff PH and TDS to see how she’s doing. FYI using PH adjusted water to adjust your PH is generally a waste of time.

1 Like

If you don’t want my updates please let me know. I don’t want to be a bother. Please don’t tell me to keep them coming to be polite. I’ll reach out to the community again if the wheels fall off further. Having said that, I took that Gold Leaf out of the tent to give her a once over. I wanted to feed but it was still pretty heavy and I didn’t want to add over-watering to my list of mistakes. I did a slurry test hoping to get a little data. I took 2 tbsp of soil out from a couple inches deep and added 2 tbsp of distilled water to it and waited 5 minutes. The results were 470 ppm of dissolved solids and the ph was 6.91. I decided to leave this plant alone for the moment. The new growth all looks healthy and it grew around 3/4" in the last couple days. I fed and watered my Blueberry. The lime raised the ph from 4.93 to 5.75. I don’t know if that correlates to results for the Gold Leaf but one can hope. I think I might add another Tbsp of lime next watering. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoy helping others.

1 Like

We all enjoy helping others and it is the reason so many of us keep our journals here. Others’ catch stuff that we might have missed ourselves. Lots of subject matter experts here too.

We’re one big happy weed family.

3 Likes