Brown sugar in final flush

Have heard than some people use brown sugar in one’s final flush. What do you guy’s think?? Guess the plant would get sugar ans carbs. It’s said to promote better taste and will not hurt the plant - 1cup per gallon water

seems like it would harsh the smoke to do it in the final flush… I always thought sugar additives were done up until the final flush…

1 Like

Never heard of brown sugar, but I’ve heard many of people that use blackstrap molasses :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

1 Like

I was told by a smart scientist type person that even went to the pole to study living things
She said adding sugars of most types was a waste of time because the sugars are too large to be used by the plant
It needs to be broken down by microbes for the plants to get at it making it is useless in most short term hydro setups that are sterile
You would need soil and good bio of microbes and fungi working away to break it down in time for the plant to use
She said even full organic hydro would not get the full benefit of sugars
We were not talking about cannabis though we were talking about fruit&veg they were growing at the pole base and how they were trying to raise starch levels to help fight cold wastage on persons in very cold conditions they live on chocolate bars 10-20 per day plus meals
Does this make those additives just hype ?

7 Likes

Thanks !!! Glad to here new information on “brown Sugar” Many say that any type of flushing agent are a waste of money which I agree

2 Likes

@Iva,

Thank You very much form that informative post.
Hope you dont mind, but I copied and pasted it a in my fill

Will.

2 Likes

Happy growing,

MacG

4 Likes

when I see her next I will ask if she could give me the full break down on what they work out because they did up the starch levels but I dont remember how or if she said how.
I did hav a pot they grew composting microbes in because not too many there :slight_smile:

@Iva,
Thank you for your reply. That would be awesome

Will

I would advise discontinuing asking for advice from “some people” :smiley:

2 Likes

Hope that wan’t directed to me - asked question because I heard of that and wanted some “experts” advice. Just asking for help by other members on this site “latewood”. Isn’t this a learning site? I did learn something - about the question I asked and how some folks feel about helping each other questions’ “would advise discounting asking for advice from “some people”” Didn’t think an Admin person would say that !!! Sorry about asking the question ( what seems important to some may not be important to others. Guess thanks for being respectful - Peace !!! PlEASE no harm wan meant by question - just answers

1 Like

What are you talking about. Making your own issue with me?

You said;

“Have heard than some people use brown sugar” I said don’t take advice from “spme p[eople”

Perhaps reading what I said and not assuming it was an insult directed at you, instead of friendly advice with a “Smiley face” would have helped there.

C’mon man! Don’t insult me

1 Like

Not not at all - I misunderstood you reply and I’m sorry and meant no harm. I really look forward to your replies posts because I /do learn a lot from your posts. Please forgive me, you are an asset to this site

Hey, You caught me off guard. I know you are a good guy, and that is why I questioned your post. No worries. I like you too :smiley: Peace

Sometimes, I just want to cut up a bit too.

2 Likes

One has to have a little fun now and then - it breaks thing up !!!

2 Likes

You could use the sugar via a worm tea I do
I add a cup and let it brew for 24-48 with air
I have a very happy garden or will have if this rain ever stops
Half the roads here are under water deep fast flowing water

2 Likes

Okay @latewood @garrigan62 @MacGyverStoner @ktreez420 have you ever heard of or used this product ? I know a lot of people use Sledgehammer for final flush . The only person I know that actually grew sweet tasting sticky high quality bud used to use Sledgehammer and said this worked better for him to sweeten the taste. But since you guy’s are the Weed Warriors I want your opinion of it first .

2 Likes

@Oldstoner,

Sure do I have a bottle of that and used it twice and it worked out just fine. Didn’t need to flush with water.
Will.

2 Likes

Thanks again @garrigan62 :grinning::evergreen_tree:I appreciate it

No problem sir anytime

Will