Brown stuff on my stem

Hi. Trimming my Big Bud/ ILGM. Looking deep. Noticing brown stuff where branches take off from the stem. Move it, there’s life under there. Involves the take off of 3 branches. Peeled off everything nasty. Cleaned up everything unfolded and exposed. Looks ok to me. ? peroxide spray…just in case…Any advice is welcome. Recent Cal/carb spray. Been hot and dry here. Rained heavy last night. Very nice THICK plant. Trimmed the hell out of it. Going from 10 gallons fabric to 25 gallon tonight. Good air flow, post trim. Thank you. Happy grow. :v::sunglasses:

Hmmm pics? Was the brown dry and crumbly? And life under where? Under the brown?

1 Like

Hey man. @PurpNGold74 . Ya, right at take off for 3 branches on the top side. Looked like a squashed bud site. Right at the take off, squashed against the stem. No pictures…cleaned it up before thinking…Brown crappy stuff wiped right off. Pulled off the stuff i thought should go, to bed safe. Stuff did not have any odor. What do you think man. Thank you.:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Outdoors scares the pants off of me.

If it was rot or mold, ull see it spread and return in the AM.

If its buggies, u can possibly fine burrow’s holes or poo somewhere…

Honestly tho… without pics, who knows. Just be vigilant. N snap pics nexttime

1 Like

Hey @PurpNGold74 Thanks man. Gonna take another look today in the sun. Its in a weird spot. Main stem. Right where the branches take of, about 2/3 of the way up. Tight at the take off. Kinda squished between the branch and main stem. Did NOT look like bug rot. Had rot, like everybody else outside here in the Boston area. Thinking it was hidden in my plant that needed trimming and more light/air flow to the middle of the plant. I will try to get some pictures today. Thanks man, appreciated.:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @PurpNGold74. After watching closely…all is well. No sign there was ever an issue. Cleaned up easy, in hindsight. Too tight a space, too little light and not enough air circulation. All remedied. Thank you.:v::sunglasses:

Yay!!! Excellent news. Let the green times roll!

1 Like