Brown spots on fan leaves only

Thank you. New leaves are lovely and green without any signs of burn. Ph is about 6.5

So 298 is your PPM? That’s pretty low for such big plants.

Do you think that could be the reason? Deficiency rater than ambience?

I think you’ve got a potassium deficiency. If your Ph is good then you’re not feeding enough. What are you feeding them, and when was the last time you fed?

1 Like

I fed them today. In fact as directions on the bottle with every watering but only about 250ml a day. Maybe thats not enough… But again its only the botom3 leaves and they are like that for a good while now when other leaves are fine

Ok, this stuff is meant for cannabis, so it should work well. Are you feeding every watering as recommended?

It could be that you’ve been underwatering and underfeeding, especially since you’ve not been going to runoff. From now on, feed every time you water and do it till you get 10% runoff, and test it for Ph and PPM. Let’s see if that fixes your problem. Remember that you will only water now when the soil is dry about an inch down.

3 Likes

Perfect will do from now on. How often should i do runoff? And also 10% of what? I was only watering about 250ml a day or every second day. I didn’t test ph for a while as I’m waiting for testers (delivery is late). Last time (around 2 weeks ago) it was 6.5. Should i add some calcium and mag?

You water to runoff every time you water or feed, and you want to get back 10% of what you put in. You’re not watering enough. There are roots at the bottom of the pots that aren’t getting water or nutes. You’re going to see a lot of growth once you start doing this.

Ok, so you’re not really sure what your Ph is? You really need to know this because it changes everything, but for now you don’t need to add Cal Mag.

2 Likes

Ok i will make sure i check it everytime now. Feel silly for not knowing that :frowning: thank you foe all your help @raustin @Familyman @Sixpackdad

Don’t feel silly. Everything is going to work out. What kind of soil are you using?

@raustin has you on the path. Your plants look pretty good, but at 300PPM the kids are probably getting hungry. Once you are watering at a stable pH of 6.5 (for soil), watering to runoff, and then only watering only when the top inch of soil is dry, you will be golden.

1 Like

@Sixpackdad Its plain soil without any nutes in at all so probably thats it… I will fix them… Thank you guys for all your advices. You are great of a help xxx… Going to bed now as its after midnight here… I will update whe bbs are fed and ph tested

Dont fee silly. I’d know this when I started too.

1 Like

@Sixpackdad what is tbe correct ppm for the runoff? Is it half of the water with nuter?

I’m not a soil grower but I think you want it to be close to what went in. Like if you fed 100ppm you’d want 85ppm coming out. If it’s much lower you want to feed higher. If it comes out higher then you’re feeding to strong. If it comes out way higher you’ll want to tag people and see if they think it needs flushed. I’m sure others can add more details to that. @raustin can probably give a better explanation and correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Nope, you’re absolutely right. Your PPM should never be higher coming out, that usually means a nute lockout due to improper Ph.

2 Likes

So inputing 660ppm should be higher than the 300 i had? And should i runoff every time i water?? But if your ppm is very similar in your runoff to the sump one doesnt it mean that the and is not eating tbe nutes? Excuse my lack of knowledge

Wait, let’s back up. You’re saying you put in 660 and got out 300? That’s good, it means she’s eating. I think you’re making this more complicated than it really is.

It’s very simple, you put in say, 1000 PPM and you check the runoff PPM which is say, 1000. This is fine for now because for the next few days the plant will eat that 1000 PPM. Now, the next time you water and you check your runoff it should be lower, say 500 PPM because the plant has eaten the nutes you put in a few days ago, the 1000 PPM. You do this routine every time you water or feed so that you can keep track of how much your plant eats.

2 Likes

Ok thank you @raustin. Didn’t want to make it sound complicated :slight_smile: at the begining of that post i didn’t even know what is runoff haha

2 Likes

Sounds like your gonna be fine. What is your pH.

Still waiting for the proper ph tester but got few of those disposable ones and last time ive checked (around 2 weeks ago) it was around 6.5. If i do not get package tomorrow i will get one in store @Familyman… Hows your girls doing?