Brown Spots and Yellowing Leaves in Flower

Obviously, DWC does not rely on a medium other than for a root anchor, so this is really about the solution the roots are in…

Thanks for the information. So for my strain, granddaddy purple, what are the target ECs for veg and flower? I had a feeling the Foxfarm schedule was too much because I had an issue in my first grow where I had to add PH Up every few hours because the plants were dumping nutes. When the EC went down, it stabilized so lesson learned on that grow. For this grow I didn’t have that problem but as you can see other problems presented themselves.

Should I switch to Jacks321? What is a good all-in-one nutrient system for DWC?

1 Like

I would make the switch to Jacks, I did and haven’t regretted it. My PPM target range in veg is 1000-1200 PPMs and for coco I PH at 5.8-6.0 and DWC would be the same. Start of flower I add calmag to my base nutes and less nitrogen and more P & K at around 900-950. EC values and PPMs directly reflect each other. EC 1.8 = 900-950 PPMs :love_you_gesture:

Blockquote I would make the switch to Jacks, I did and haven’t regretted it. My PPM target range in veg is 1000-1200 PPMs and for coco I PH at 5.8-6.0 and DWC would be the same. Start of flower I add calmag to my base nutes and less nitrogen and more P & K at around 900-950. EC values and PPMs directly reflect each other. EC 1.8 = 900-950 PPMs :love_you_gesture:

Ok. For the time being I’m going to use up whatever FF nutes I have left and then I’ll give Jacks a try. I’ve been taking cuttings from my plants so I can keep the growing and experimenting going :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I may get flack for this because of the $$, but I use and have had fantastic results with TPS (Total Plant Science). I use their ‘all-in-one’ base TPS-One, then amend with whatever is needed at the time. Stuff is a bit pricey, but it covers all your bases. In flower, I use about 75% recommended dose, then just add a little of their bloom, Signal (amino and potassium-based bloom/terpene-booster), extra cal/mag, Mr Fulvic- fulvic acid and aminos, etc. I was highly skeptical of this stuff initially, but it has streamlined my mixing and keeps the PH very stable. As mentioned above, I never go above an EC of about 1.6, and often not above 1.4, and have had zero issues with deficiencies. The fulvic acid helps with that, of course. I always mix a little tap with my RO to buffer, as TPS One will bring your solution to a ph of 5.5. A little hard water brings it to 5.8 and all is good.

1 Like

I don’t know why but I feel that i just had to post that I just bought the Jacks321 nutes and I’m really looking forward to getting started with them. I watched some videos on them and feel that it is more complete than FF. I guess we’ll see how my next grow goes. I have a cutting that I just put into my DWC system so I’ll have that plant to experiment with.

1 Like