Brown poops or fungus starting?

My Gorilla Glue is getting pretty sticky. Have tons of caterpillars everywhere :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I keep killing them but they don’t give up. Is this caterpillar crap or mold or whats up with the brown spots?

2 Likes

The first pic I thought caterpillar poop but the second one looks like rot to me

3 Likes

That was my first thought also. Do you have plenty of air circulation and what has your RH been during flower.

3 Likes

I was guessing they are outdoors, with all the caterpillars.

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m a little slow on the uptake :slightly_smiling_face::grin::+1:If someone has a lot of caterpillars indoors, well that’s a whole other question. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:. Right! Think I’d start with “my house is infested with caterpillars” :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

LOL they are outdoors, but the humidity in So. California has been insane. They go into my shed before sun down (earlier flowering plants, keeping them in flower by faking night), but the RH is at 80% even with a dehumidifier running. Since it looks like I am molding already, I am gonna give up on the shed and just put them in my garage since its bigger, probably less humidity build up. Man this first grow is kicking my ass

3 Likes

Put some fans on them at night when they are inside, not directly in them but get some air moving around the room the best you can.

I had two plants late in flower last couple of weeks with temps in my room in the 90s and humidity just about as high. I just kept air moving as much as I could and no signs of mold.

I would remove all of the mold from the buds now. Spray with a mixture of peroxide and water (50/50)right before you put them in the dark. That will help kill anything left

3 Likes

What @AfgVet said :point_up_2::point_up_2::+1:

2 Likes

I had one small fan on the plants, a dehumidifier and an exhaust fan running, but the RH never drops. I tried just running the dehumidifier with the fan, but the RH didn’t change. I am going to peroxide the plant tonight and i am going to dark out my garage and try putting them in there since my garage is bigger than the shed which should help keep the RH down.

Thanks for info guys!

2 Likes