Brown on leaves

I noticed that my leaves on my 6wk old are turning brown, any idea what might be wrong?

1 Like

You have one starting to curl, what are you feeding? Could be the start of N burn.

The upturned serrated edges of the fingers looks like wind burn. Do you have a fan pointed directly at the plant?

I made the mistake of using Miracle Grow, I need to get a N tester.

I did have a fan blowing in itā€™s direction I have moved the fan

I recommendJackā€™s. It has literally everything needed. Insanely cost effective too! 3.6 grams Jacks Part A, which is the primary special sauce of Jackā€™s and contains trace nutrients as well. 2.4 grams Jacks Part B (Calcium Nitrate), which is your main source of, you guessed it, Calcium and Nitrogen. 1.2 grams Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate), for your Magnesium and a bit of Sulfur.

Part A - 1000gram bag for $26.99 = roughly 277 feedings, $0.10 per feed.
Part B - 1000gram bag for $23.99 = roughly 416 feedings, $0.06 per feed.
Epsom Salt - Depends on brand. Bag I bought was 5lb (2267grams) for $13.99 = 1889 feedings, $0.0074 per feed.

Then they have 25lb bags too! :rofl:

If you see a magnesium deficiency, just add more Magnesium Sulfateā€¦ Nitrogen deficiency? Just add more Calcium Nitrate.

When @skipper1 was saying N burn, what he is meaning is your plant is receiving too much Nitrogen. Very dark sometimes waxy leaves are signs of N toxicity/excess/burn.

You want airflow over your plant, but not to the point where it is tipping over or anything crazy, just a little ā€œshimmyā€ from the plant is all you need. Makes stems strong and hardy, plus you need airflow to reduce the chance of bud rot once you get to flowering.

Fill this out as well and we can provide even more help

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?

Otigin of seeds?

Regular, feminized, or autoflower?

Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?

PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.

Nutrients or fertilizer system used.

What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.

What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?

What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?

Co2 Yes / No?

How long have you been growing?

What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?

If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

1 Like

I donā€™t believe MG is the boggie man. Some has had bad luck with others have not. I use it with no issues. It can solve problems for beginners, like when to feed and how much. Kind of takes care of it for you.
I do tend to feed my girls very hot nutes, much more so then most. Like to push them as hard as I can, I do have a lot of time on my hands so I can do daily inspections. I feed them untill they start to show signs of to much then back off a little.

1 Like

That will cause the ā€˜damageā€™ or brown spots and will definitely cause the serrated edges of the leaves to curl upwards. You check out images on google for wind damage to cannabis and youā€™ll see. I deal with it outdoors because nothing I can do about th wind LOLā€¦ It doesnā€™t hurt them and they will survive. But if you are indoors you can point the fan away from the leaves a little. They still need a gentle sway to make the stems strongā€¦ just not directly on them consistently.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t necessarily think itā€™s MG, donā€™t even have the experience to say that anyways, but I know that most people here say to stay away from MG. Even if MG wonā€™t kill the plant, I personally think doing a method with a line made for cannabis is going to yield better results :man_shrugging: But again idk, I try to stay humble in what I know, and nutrients isnā€™t one of them yet. Iā€™ve learned a lot, but this isnā€™t something you just wake up and know one day lmao.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s correct trying to digest all this info is like drinking from a fire hose. Many people have different experiences with every thing we do.
I do not know if products specified for cannabis is any different then any thing else except the concentration, it is a lot lower then more common products.
I push my girls as hard as I do because I can.

1 Like

Epsons Salts (MG with Sulphur) does amazing things for your plant. The MG found in Epsom is natural rather than petri-chemically derived like in many nutrients.

Sulphur is one of the building blocks of the plantā€™s immune system. It is also what gives garlic and onions their pungent tinge on the tongue. For cannabis, it works together with magnesium to increase the uptake of NPK, and is implicated in the production on enzymes, amino acids, and vitamins.

1 Like

I bought a PH meter and it says my PH is 7, too much water and the light is fine, I donā€™t want them to die :cold_sweat: Is it okay that it has stay at 80 degrees in the tent, do I need to switch off the vegitation light and turn on the bloom light or should I have both on I am so confused :scream: