Brown leaves is this a K defiant plant? Thanks

She’ll perk up once she dries out and her Ph is under control.

So general question as to flushing plants in soil.
First should each time one waters with fert. water til you have run off(for ph and ppm measurement)? Does one flush on a regular basis their plants say feed then next time flush? Next springs plants will have a change of regime I am thinking…

1 Like

Yes, every time you water or feed you do it to runoff and take readings of Ph and PPM. There are scheduled flushes during the grow to keep the salts down in the soil.

1 Like

Thanks again. So I should let these plants dry out then feed, then dry out and flush?

Yes, let them dry out, then feed. If it’s time for a flush, then do that after they’ve dried out a few days.

plant looks better today, still drying out but there appears to be no further new damage. Flower buds are off a little in color. Thanks for all the help to everyone…

2 Likes

Ok so this plant I tried to kill is back on track. This was a pretty healthy plant prior to the issues it had. I think I notice that the flowers filling up quickly the last few days and I am not going to say it is faster in filling out the buds than the other plants but I am wondering if the stress of the toxic over dose could have caused this plant in a positive way in bud/THC development. Only reason I am even thinking this is that I see people have drilled holes in the stems of plants in the later portion of the life of these plants to increase tricome/THC development. Any ideas on this stressing of plants.

I am not sure, but I hypothesize that there is a difference between the mechanical/physical stresses on a healthy when putting it through drilling or full darkness, as opposed to the chemical stresses from pH or ppm overload that create an unhealthy plant. I think the former would have a higher likelihood of impacting the potency in a positive way.

Finally getting close to harvest. Only PHed water next and time…

1 Like

Looking good @chungo

OK these plants I think are going to make it and I will deal with soil PH and nutrient up take next grow with the insight I got from these ladies. The buds are getting larger 4-8 in. long & the Trichomes are still clear.
OK a couple of questions.
Firstly regarding flowering times. The Seed package refers to 8-10 flowering time for this variety. My first question which I can’t get a answer to from other posts on the forum is when do most of the people start counting days/weeks of flower? There seems to be a variation on when you start counting. I have read from the : 12/12 switch, after pre-flower, first white pistils and others.
Second question is on harvesting. Most people seem to cut down the whole plant when Trichomes are at their personnel liking but I couldn’t get a good answer on a gradual harvest of say over a week or two. My thoughts are to harvest the larger buds that have reached a level of Trichome development to my liking and lower the lights on the trimed plants and leave on the smaller buds to develop further or is this a waste of effort and time? My query is that there seems to be a fair amount of smaller buds under the canopy that will not be at the same stage of development as the big buds and may benefit from some sort of graduated harvest. …
Thoughts? …thanks again

this is onevof the bigger buds they not exactly a pin up girl but will do the trick. Depending on the calculations start date I am at between 5.5-7 weeks. Smaller buds near the bottom of the plant are quite different in they have a lot of white hairs still and hence the question as to gradual harvesting…

so this is about 1-2 weeks from the chop pic taken by my phone. H2O only no amber trichomes yet…

1 Like

Great looking buds @Chungo . I hope all that water you pumped through them to get the pH and ppm straightened out last month pays off for you.

Do you see a lot of cloudy trichomes? I just took a small sample from my grow - which is also about 1.5 weeks from harvest, and dried it in a paper bag for two days. Then I smoked it to test it out in the name of science! Reward yourself :slight_smile:

I am drying a very small amount of immature buds from very low down on the plant and one very small skinny limb to test out. I tested some on the weekend and it was very passable. Trichomes are turning frosty/cloudy now. It’s my wishful thinking rather fact for amber Trichomes rather than the reality now… QA

1 Like

Well the plant in the above pic has on one bud some amber Trichomes. This outwardly looks the most mature (no white pistols). The plant that required all the flushing looks like the next to start ambering up. I prefer the psych effect rather than being on the couch so I will consider cutting it/them down with a little amber in them…one plant in this grow is still shooting out white pistals with large buds on it.

1 Like

After rereading this, I have a question as to the ppm. your input would be 400 ppm is that correct? As I see you have a desired runoff of 700-1100?..Thanks

1 Like

Yes, the input in this case is 400. The 225 is based on a recommended dosage of nutrients of 900ppm based on vegetation stage. I go with 1/4 to 1/3 dosage based on the runoff. So if the last runoff was around 1000 or over i stick with 1/4. If it drops under 1000 I beef it up to 1/3.

Right now I am in flowering, and the dosage calls for 1200ppms. So I dose around 300-400 depending on the last runoff. My total ppms of the nuted water will be 475-575. I have found in flowering I need to be more at 1/3 dosage lately to keep the ppms over 1000, which makes sense to me because they really need a lot of nutes to build flower.

I’ve used 1000 as my runoff goal throughout the lifecycle (except seedling - most keep it low, if not no nutes at all). Others on this site, will try to ramp up the dosage so their runoff gets higher during late flowering ~2000. I haven’t tried this yet, I am still a bit gun shy from the first couple of grows where I overnuted the plant.

1 Like

Thanks. My confusion is with the 2 ppm numbers. I don’t understand how you put in 400ppm and get a run off of say 1000? this just doesn’t make sense to me of less in more out?..Thanks

1 Like

Ppms confuse me too. I’m curious what others thoughts are on this.