Broken stem, will it recover?

supercopping, monstercropping, topping ect. even i split main stem XD

1 Like

a little premature for a stem split, dont you think? people say to do it a week before harvest

I accidentally split main stem. the plant was broken in half. i fixed all stems with duct tape and zip ties.
looking good now…this is my first grow. 3 monts Veg and 3 weeks in flower…

2 Likes

@hydrogreens omg thx
yeah she’s producing like a boss

had this accident with my lady yesterday and rejoined the stem with zip ties, and as for now no sign of problems.

2 Likes

Hey y’all I stretched this plant too much and well before I do anything I wanted to know what y’all would suggest my plant looks droopy and sad

Welcome @FC use some Duct tape and help support it.

1 Like

Just reporting that it turned out good! Fast recovery and no bad stress added.

1 Like

I accidentally snapped this branch off, i taped it and it looked okay but today its just super limp? Should i just remove it?

I had mine break, about have way up the stem. Only had 2 sets of true leaves. I made a lil antiana thingy to support the weight… Its not getting taller but i have another set of leaves coming in. It is green and doing fine… No tap no wrap. Just held up striaght with the weight supported. Been 4 days no signs of any cons. . wish her luck

Gonna hit it with 5-1-1. Just for a helping hand

Oi. One of our rabbits almost ate through one of our first plants. So glad such a forum is now readily available through a simple search. Thanks for the info everyone! :v: :earth_americas: :green_heart:

my plant is outdoor in veg and i snapped the top arm and it pealed… i did best i could supporting it back up and zip tieing break back together but next day it is really droopy (on broken branch)and leaves on the bottom of broken branch are crisping it was 94 degrees outs side so i waited tell it cooled down to give a flower power foilar spary but broken branch is really drropy…do u think it will pull thru with the hot climate i live in? or am i better of just cloning that peace before it totally drys out?thats if u dont think it will pull thru?

same happend to me… did urs pull thru? im debating on letting it try and revive itself but bottom leaves on broken branch are starting to crisp it is 90 degrees over here or should i just clone it so its not a total loss?

@dominic i had to just clip it

1 Like

While watering today, I was training one of the two main stems and I snapped one, almost a complete break, barely hanging on. I immediately used masking tape, then a layer of stronger fabric-like duct tape, then I used a twist tie and spiraled it around the branch for extra support. I checked on it a couple hours later and all the leaves above the break are terribly droopy. So I’m stressing, but hopefully there will be signs of recovery tomorrow.

I was planning on switching it to 12/12 next few days, do you think I should give it a week to recover first?

1 Like

hey sorry to hear that! on the bright side it sounds like u fixed the problem right away on time…it looks like it will recover main stems are very hardy but hard to say each case is different…as for light schedule i would give it another week or two to heal before switching to 12/12 to flower so your plant can fully focus on producing buds through flower instead of using its energy to revive itself …thats just my opinion

Yeah definitely a week before 12/12. Didn’t look any better this morning… now I wonder if I should unwrap and check the connection… what do u think?