Broken stem, using masking tape? Help!

I have a minor pronlem, I hope! I was stretching some and a stem snapped but not too bad, it’s still attached. Any idea other than taping it that I can do to help it grown back together quicker. I really need to know if there’s something I can use to help it repair itself quicker. And wh as t is that neo oil, if I spelled it wrong, forgiv!

Honey is good binding agent. With a little support. Neem oil is an insecticide

2 Likes

@bruinsfan33 ty and for the quick response. It wasn’t hanging or anything. I just wraped it with a little mascing tape, should I still braise it and just use the tape and see what it does?

1 Like

@Jamie1234 put some honey over where the break is use your tape or I have used cloth strips about a inch wide and wrap up the damaged area for support.
Good Luck with your grow

2 Likes

@Jamie1234
I feel your pain. I was doing a little Lst on my Gold Leaf and when I bent it over, it cracked. A little tape, some support from a pipe cleaner and I expect a full recovery.

2 Likes

I agree with yhe honey then tape thing :+1:

2 Likes

I broke a stem the other day with a few immature buds on it and tried to tape it. It didn’t hold, so I removed the stem completely, quick-dried the buds and smoked them. Problem solved, and the injured plant is doing fine.

5 Likes

My heart was broken once but fixed with honey and love from my wife

5 Likes

I did the same thing and didn’t even know it for a couple of weeks until I lollipop it. It was broke pretty bad, but had already scared and healed
No worries, still growing like a “weed” :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

3 Likes

We’ve all been there many times @Jamie1234

3 Likes

Broke stem last time & didnt find out about honey till later. Mine made a knuckle at break & healrd. Theyre Very Resilient!

5 Likes

Unless you break the main stem below all the nodes, the plant will either heal or just fill in the space with other branches. These babies are VERY resilient. I actually chopped of the top third of a mother plant and within two weeks it was all back thicker than ever.

2 Likes

@1BigFella, thank you!

I had question about the honey . I’m assuming it helps seal the wound . Does anyone know if clonex gel would work and would it be beneficial ? Also when grafting they use wax to help heal and seal . I could tag the Grafting Guru but I know he is busy this time of the year . :herb:

2 Likes

Hey @seeddog that is an awesome idea! I like it :laughing::wink:

@daddydays
Awwwwwwww :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@Switchback next time try cloning the broken stem
When in flower you have a monster cropped clone
Hahahaha hou be amazed at the growth once they reroot and revert back to veg
Just a suggestion
It what i do when i have a misfortune

3 Likes

How do you clone a broken stem?

3 Likes

Same way you clone a cutting @Fairieswear8oots
I shave the stem lightly to get outter part off then dip in cloneing powder and place in soil some use bubble cloners as well

2 Likes