Broken Heart from broken Colas Branch!

My heart is broken even though it’s a small Chronic Budding. I broke the too main Colas off the main stalk at the base of the V. I repaired it with tape, and a zip tie. What is the percentage of zylem& phloem that can be broken, and it will stay alive. I will send a pic, so you can see exactly where the break occurred. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, so I can put it to rest in my mind

a

5 Likes

Can a ziptie limit circulation?

2 Likes

They usually heal up. Try some aloe vera or honey on the wound.

6 Likes

Thanks, dbrn32, Honey application applied at the fracture line can help bring her back possibly. Does it attract any pests, or is it sunch a miniscule amount it’s ok. I love this site because when a problem arises there is always someone to give advice. I normally would not sweat it, yet it’s such a small plant I hate to loose the two main colas.thanks again

2 Likes

basementstealth, I taped at crack very tightly, but I ziptied upwards the break, and I didn’t lock it on anything. It’s a sliding sling adjustable as needed, and it’s a secondary measure if the tape fails it will not fully collapse again. I thank you for taking the time to help me with another mishap on my behalf. Have a good Evening

3 Likes

You don’t need a lot of honey. If what you apply attracts bugs they were probably bound to get in anyway.

4 Likes

dbrn32, I concur with your train of thought, and I was intending on coating the break lightly had you not responded. Thanks again

3 Likes

She’ll bounce back, don’t be surprised if the branches grow over, zip ties, tape…

4 Likes

Olddog2270, All of your time to write me, and your feedback have helped me relax. Relax is an understatement because I was depressed the little plant would loose the two largest Colas. Thanks again

2 Likes

Us Fl boys gotta stick together, lol!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Olddog2270, You are correct about the growth around ziptied left unattended over time it can grow around. I had it happen, and it was embedded deeply. I left it alone, yet I was concerned it would inhibit the growth. She turned out to be a beautiful Durban Poison Female, and the buds were beautiful. I wasn’t big on the pine taste, but it did feel like drinking a cup of coffee after burning. In addition, my ability to focus was enhanced. I will not grow it again, but it’s a cool plant. Sorry I went off on a tangent. Greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Man I hope and pray it works out for you. And if and when it does won’t it be like supercropping? I hope for u it works out well. Good luck on your grow. I’m rooting for you. It may be a good thing and I hope it is. :v:

2 Likes

Dman1969, what you messaged is the coolest message I have received since I started on this site. It was sincere by the math of the words you used. Logic as you already know is mathematical in all languages. I greatly appreciate your assurance, and I hope you drop by my grow journal whenever you get extra time. Feedback is greatly appreciated, and thanks again.

1 Like

Awe brother that what this place is all about helping each other. I’m a newbie but I will help in any way i can and I really appreciate what u said. :v: And my your grows be fruitful and plenty. Keep on keeping on my new friend :call_me_hand::sunglasses:

Tag me in on your journal I would love to be a part just put @ in front of dman and I’ll be with you on your journey and would be honored. :call_me_hand:

Thanks, Amigo I appreciate your sincerity, yet it seems to be diminishing at an alarming rate across the world. Thanks again, and have a good night.

2 Likes

May you sleep well my friend. Until next time :v::call_me_hand:

I broke a branch at a topping site and duct taped her up. One week later she was healed up and I removed the tape. I stuck the duct tape to itself so no adhesive touched the plant. They can be quite resilient at times.

2 Likes

I’m out of likes :+1:

2 Likes

@Dman1969 I look forward to the grow because I am going to setting most of them to bud soon. You have a good Night

1 Like