Broke stem while manifolding/mainlining

Growing in FFOF under 600w Vipraspectre LEDs. I waited until 6 nodes then clipped just above the 3rd and stripped everything below leaving just the 2 new tops and fan leaves. Well one of the new tops broke off completely when i tried tying it down with lst in a place i can’t tape it up, How can i salvage this? Thanks

1 Like

Pictures speak volumes. :wink: if you can.
But some honey or aloe on the break and tie / prop it back up. @ShaggySparx.

3 Likes

Correct. Honey and support.

This
Sounds like a very young plant.

2 Likes

If it’s broken off completely then stick it in rooting powder and just clone it. Trying to tape it back up top will prove difficult

3 Likes

Yep, clone it. Best option.

Tried the honey but only saw your posts a few hours after it happened so too late to reattach it. Cloning would’ve been an option if i had the space for it but I already got 4 plants established and no extra tents…yet lol.

I read that if this happens it just makes one leading stem again so i just top that one to make 2 or should i FIM to make 4? Or should i just let it go and just LST? Plant is only about 5 inches at the topped cola so about 7 inches with that new cola.

My tent is 31in x 31 in x 71 in so 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 5.9 ft. I haven’t determined how far these lights can be from the canopy and incidentally don’t know how tall they can get without light burn. right now i have them at about 18 inches

1 Like

That stem will just take over and carry on. Your plant will have an odd looking dog leg in it but it should be fine. I wouldn’t do any more cutting just now though. I would let her recover and move your trimming plans up to the next node. LST should be fine, just be gentle as she’s vulnerable right now. I’ve done 3 full grows so not an expert by any means, not compared to a lot of the peeps on here any way. But if they were mines that’s what I would do. I would still clone it though as it’s good practice and I enjoy doing it :sunglasses:. Not sure on the lighting bit. I think with LEDs the distance is more for a better footprint and less about burn @dbrn32 is the best one to speak to about lighting. Good luck with your grow :sunglasses:

18" is good, shoot for that.

1 Like