Broke stem on topped forked plant

Okay,Community I had a “snafu” i accidentally almost completely broke off a main branch where i topped my plant.I used a twisty and tied it back to where it broke but it didn’t completely come off,After i tied it back i noticed the budlings drooping…Can my plant recover ? not sure what to do? I added pictures looking for advice?

1 Like

I think you did all you can and need to give it time …I’ve heard tape works …not sure which type is best …but give it time it should mend …not sure about buds dropping but prob only from the effected area up if any…
Hope others help you out …sorry

1 Like

I found that using the self stick bandage wrap works great and dont peel off a layer of the stalk when removed. It also stretches a bit if needed to grow with the plant. make sure the twist tie is not digging into the branch as it will start to cut thru it. Also maybe take a poece of rope aboit 4 or 5 inches above that spot and use it to pull some tension holding the 2 together

1 Like

Honey…next time use honey as a glue before ya twist her up….it might be fresh enough you could seal the break with it still just don’t take it apart to try and get any in there now…right now air is the enemy to the break