Broke main stem.....4 weeks old. Will this survive

This is my first grow. I’m medical (cancer treatment) I attempted to crop this and really screwed it up. Will this survive? Any suggestions?

If its still connected at all duct tape it back together. If not the rest of plant will recover and grow. I have been there before on my first grow and it healed with a big knot at where it broke. But mine did have some still attached, about 20%.

Oops just saw the bad break. Dark on my phone. I saw the smaller branch broke when i first replied.
1 Like

What happened to the main stalk?

2 Likes

Karate chop?

I just saw that the main stem was gone lol. Looks like the other piece has been off too long.

Hey,

I attempted to “train” because it was growing straight up. I broke the main stalk. I only had scotch tape and honestly I had a meltdown! It’s gone.

Thoughts

Camille

The other piece keeps growing. I propped it up even today…

Ideas?

With the main gone and the secondary severed, it’d probably be more time effective to just start a new plant. If that one could recover, it’d take some time and the yield won’t be worth the electric bill to grow it.

2 Likes

This pic is from today. I screwed it up Tuesday

I’m germinating 2 new seeds now

2 Likes

Should I cut the remaining piece and put it in water… I’m trying :laughing:

1 Like

It may be too late as air has gotten to the stem but worth a shot at a clone.

1 Like

You could try to get a piece big enough to clone?

Start over is your best bet sorry

1 Like

If I tried to clone. Would I cut the stalk below the broken part and drop it in a solo cup of water?

1 Like

Hey I’m germinating 2 seeds now.

I know I have f*%ked this up. Thought on cloning the branch that is still alive

Camille

1 Like

You need to let the remaining portion of the plant grow to the point where you can successfully harvest a clone. If you already dropped a few new seeds, continue to water the damaged plant. If it’s still viable, you should be able to get her to grow. Take pics of her progress and tag me

1 Like

I can help you if you get her back in the game

1 Like

Get some clonex. Rapid Rooter pods or something similar. Cut the whole thing off and cut the stem at a 45 degree angle and trim off everything from the stem but the top leaves and put her under a dome with a heating pad. In other words she’s a goner unless you clone her. She will make it if you do that and watch that she’s getting something more than water like SuperThrive or Rapid Start at no more than 2ml/gal. I’ve done the same thing as you and had to start over. When you’re monster cropping, you have to use your fingers and gently “roll” the stem which breaks it down enough for you to manipulate it without damage. If you’re careful enough, you can bend a plant almost flat. Hope that helps.

Pepe

Will do! Thanks a bunch

1 Like