Bringing out color with temperature drop at night

Alright so is this color change brought on by a mere reduction to “x” degrees at night, or can it simply be brought on by a night fluctuation of “y” as it relates to day temp. I am running 83-87 day temps depending on what side of the house sun is on and around 73 at night. Would this work or would I need it colder. Not the end of the world either way but I am growing three purple strains, would be a bonus to be able to bring that out.

Also, what timeframe is relevant…only last couple weeks of flowering, right?

1 Like

I’m curious too. I’m in the upper 70’s low 80’s during the day and we’ve been dipping to the low 60’s to mid 50’s at night!

1 Like

Think I remember reading something about 68 degrees being a target. You should be in the zone. I’m gonna have to freeze my family or wait til like November to see a temp like that lol.

1 Like

I read it’s not really a target temp but as long as it drops 12-15 degrees a night you’ll probably get your color change(some change easier then others)

1 Like

Cool, that’s good news.

Is it accurate that the change happens towards the end of flowering, if it’s going to at all.

1 Like

I’ve read the last 3-4 weeks.
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

We have had three days with high of 50 and lows mid 40’s. Tent temp is 67 lights on and prob upper 40’s at night. This is what I got today out of one of my Gelato’s. Seemed like overnight but took a full 3 days to color up. Beautiful colors and a head of cauliflower.

5 Likes