Bringing humidity down in tent help

So I’m growing primarily outdoors, but I have one plant growing in a grow tent. She’s doing alright, small buds forming, and a bit tall. I can’t seem to bring the humidity down in my tent, and is resting at around 65%. I was planning on using my tent for harvest, drying them in there when the time comes. I have a small fan, a small dehumidifier going in there, too. Is my ventilation setup correct? I have one lower vent not covered so my tent isn’t puffy. Any advice? Thanks guys!

If the room you’re pulling air in from is humid it will be pumping extra humidity into the tent you need to have an exhaust fan that exhausts to the exterior of the building house or room that your tent is in

1 Like

Plants put off a lot of moisure, so it can be hard to manage. Increasing airflow into and out of the tent can help, as can a larger dehumidifier. You probably need a dehumidifier that can extract a gallon or 2 of water each day.

1 Like

Or adding heat to the ‘lung’ room. Raising temps lowers Relative Humidity…

2 Likes

I never tried it but people put bowls of rock salt in tent . I use big dehumidifier in LUNG room. But if you’re short on cash try the salt can’t hurt??! And like said prior exhaust that air out of lung room.

1 Like

I fooled around inside the tent for a year before I resorted to a GE branded lung room dehumidifier connected to the sump drain but still sometimes have to put a second unit inside the tent during flower if I really want to draw it down inside the tent at the end. Darn stuff moves sideways with Temp as Purp says to complicate the issue. Curious about the rock salt though must admit. Even inside the tent the dehumidifier needs to be big enough to have a tray that doesn’t fill too fast and they throw heat.

1 Like