Bright yellow tips

From a fellow grower:

I had ordered 10 White Widow seeds a few months back . I had germinated 2 and they are now in veg state . I’m using Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil and they are planted in a 3 gallon fabric pot . They have bright yellow on the tips of the leaves and I’m really concerned since I’m so far into the grow . I have pictures . Can you give me any tips or answers as to why they tips are bright yellow they continue to grow but are they in danger?

Our Ph in Soil is 7 . We’re using tap water from the faucet at room temp. We’re not using any added nutrients were using cfls with 1600 lumens 2 per plant. Using foxfarm soil and cloth pots. closet temp is kept around 70 degrees.

Are you using a water ph monitor and getting a measurement of the ph at runoff, or using a ph probe into the soil? 7 is a little too high, try lower it to 6.5. And if your using the soil probe that could be half the problem. If you fill out a support ticket that will help the others understand whats happening and help you better.

1 Like

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

This might help
Could be nutes in soil. It’s ok .looks healthy other wise.

BondPacker, I’m not really getting much runoff using cloth pots and yes I am using a soil probe , How could that be affecting things? I also did fill out a support ticket and they posted my message here .

Hey Donaldj, its Fem White Widow I had purchased from Robert.
Started in solo cups , Transplanted to 3 gallon Cloth Smart Pots Used Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil .

I have not added any nutrients at all.

Its small indoor closet grow 2 plants

Cfls 1600 Lumens each with 5 bulbs between the 2 plants

Temp Day 70 Temp Night around 60ish

I do have a Fan blowing on them but no humidifer or Co2

Thanks for your time

Soil probes need to be cleaned and also to be accurate the soil needs to be fully saturated like a mud pie. Your soil ph if accurate is too high are you using tap water RO or distilled?

1 Like

I suspect you aren’t correcting ph of water you are using

could be nutrient burn or magnesium too but would need an accurate water ph

1 Like

I had problems using soil probes, they are much less accurate. Measuring the runoff gives you an exact measurement of the ph level at the root zone. Eg not long ago soil probe was measuring 6.5-7 and when i got the water ph monitor it showed the true measurement of 5.5, which is very far off what the soil probe said.