Brief High Humidity Episode In Late Flower

I have been holding off on harvesting, waiting for more amber trichomes. Last night I watered, turned out the lights and went to bed. Woke up to the dehumidifier full and shut off, RH at near 70%. To make matters worse, lower temperatures kept my aC from coming on. Can’t say for sure how long this went on, my guess is a few hours, maybe 5 hrs tops. After fixing the situation buds felt dry and buds opened up to save themselves I’m guessing.

After a few hours at present, the buds oils are starting to return and I think all will be ok, my question is should I just harvest now or let it finish? Worried about potential problems from the episode? Anyone here experienced this?

1 Like

Proceed as you would have without the incident. If it happens every day then try increasing airflow in the grow space.

2 Likes

A brief spike in Rh should not have any lasting effect especially at this late date.

1 Like

Thank you Guys, as you can imagine in my mind it was an emergency lol. As I typed out “has anyone experienced this?” I was thinking I’ sure most have lol. Getting this close to harvest and all that work and worry can cause irrational decisions, that’s why I come here lol. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

Long as you have plenty of airflow you should be good. I had that issue at night during lights off I didn’t catch it at first and humidity would jump from 45 up to 65% or so. It went on for almost the last 2 weeks of flower there wasn’t much I could do. I kept airflow good and I was fine.

Here’s a 24 hr. shot of mine. I just keep lots of air moving, and I have no issues.

1 Like