Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

Thatā€™s unfortunate. I love to be competitive but so often hate peopleā€™s attitudes when being competitive. Itā€™s a good indicator of a personā€™s true nature.

I was a basketball coach for 6 years and taught my players good sportsmanship. Over time I saw some disgusting behavior out of parents who encouraged their children to play dirty. Often times coaches taught the kids to play that way. Over the years I called out players and coaches for pour sportsmanship. Itā€™s amazing what an email to a school principal will do. Those behaviors change pretty quick. Most of the time I was called a wine ass. Iā€™m okay with that. I saw myself more of a person who wouldnā€™t put up with adults that couldnā€™t behave in a positive way. It was a little stressful to call them out in a small community but ever so satisfying!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for checking it. So much appreciated.

Miley is doing great considering she essentially had her legs cut off, repositioned, plate and screwed back together. Just taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen for pain. Transfers seem less painful today. Rolling to the side is still very painful. Itā€™s heart wrenching to hear her cry out. That too seems to be less intense today as well.

14 Likes

I knew I chose the right guy to adopt me!

Respect Papa @shindig153 !

8 Likes

Iā€™m super happy that sheā€™s doing better! Keep it up little soldier girl, plenty of fun and good vibes sent your way sweety!

From your French big brother :

7 Likes

Being from Vermont, both my side and my wifeā€™s side have deep French Canadian roots.

Much appreciated @kaptain3d

5 Likes

Then weā€™re not too far from each otherā€¦ QuĆ©bec, near MontrĆ©al for meā€¦! :nerd_face:
Those good vibes will make it that much quicker to your little treasure! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m twenty minutes from the border in Rock Island/Derbyline. We are pretty close.

2 Likes

I am not as close as Kap, but man that little girl is still going to get every ounce of love and prayer I have in me. Sometimes I just have to break down and send it all out, and this is one of those times! She is a real trooper, I know she has always been special to you, now she is special to all of us too. Thank her for showing us how trivial a lot of our trials are in comparison. She is an angel!

10 Likes

Very well said Monsieur @Holmes! :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Miley definately has not had it easy. The love and prayers are much appreciated.

8 Likes

As you can tell my friend,
we have all become fond of your little angel and we wish her a speedy and full recovery.
I truly hope the results exceed the pain and discomfort.

:v::green_heart:

7 Likes

:heart: :heart: :100: :100: :clap:

4 Likes

Shindig153-
I had no idea your little girl was going through this. You had said something about getting a new business up and running. Man you got a full plate!! Please know I am sending all my love and support to Miley and your family. I was treated on a pediatric oncology unit 36 years ago, and cant imagine what you are going through. You arenā€™t alone though. You got all your ā€œextendedā€ family here on the forum! I am light years away, but if there is anything I cand do just hiller!!! Peace be unto you and yoursā€¦

9 Likes

Dang it ā€˜hollerā€™

3 Likes

@patchman thank you for the kind words. No business going here. I donā€™t have the time. Iā€™ve been a stay at home dad for several years now. I get little odd jobs here and there. Other than that Miley is my job. My wife is the bread winner and sugar momma.

@Enlightened420 and @pptrsha1 thanks for the love. It is gratefully appreciated.

Miley slept well last night and seems to be in less pain today. She is complaining about being itchy. I think thatā€™s a good thing.

7 Likes

itchy means healing right? great sign

5 Likes

As long as itā€™s localized itching, like under the brace, at the incision. If itā€™s full body feeling itchy, that needs a :eyes:
Iā€™m glad sheā€™s progressing nicely :blush:

5 Likes

Localized itching. I think her leg fell a sleep. We resupported her leg and it has since stopped.

4 Likes

I have seen patients make all kinds of scratching tools. Most of them out of coat hangers. But you must be very careful and it cannot have any sharp edges. Of course you might try asking the doctor if there is anything she can take for it. Mom used to give me benadryl, it would knock me right out, like a Mike Tyson left hook to my jaw!!!

3 Likes

ever since my husband had a series of strokes each year gets more bizarre than the last. i dont know what it feels like in his head. he had to learn to speak and read all over again. his impulse control and reasoning took a hit. he takes things that are not his but he believes they are. i dont know if he is worse or because we are on lockdown so much i am just seeing it. i feel like his warden. last week i sent him to the bank to pay a mortgage. trip #1 comes home says there isnt enough money. trip #2 comes back with a receipt that he paid some on the mortgage and put the rest in savings account. i had to call the bank get them to pay the whole mortgage and they told me he took the money from the account 3 days earlier was why it was short. he forgot he took the money from an account that is not for us. it is strictly rental money. he said he needed bullets and didnt remember until yelled what kind of bullshi# is this. now i have my seeds back because they were in his safe and he didnt remember putting them in there. i dont know if its fake or if he really has a problem. all i hear is i didnt think about it or i dont remember. he has always picked my jewelry for me. he has a great eye. i got an email this morning for him he bought some fake Mr T looking necklace for himself and he doesnt wear jewelryā€¦ he would never have done that. our last repair job on a floor i walked him thru it. he couldnt figure it out. he taught me a lot of the things i know so i kept telling him this is how we did it before. if this is depression i am making him go get a job. maybe he needs an outside life. without me yelling at him. i should probably stop saying what the he## is wrong with you. if this is dementia God help us. his doctor is a quack and tells him he is fine. i know he isnt.

5 Likes