Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

@YinYang will you help me build my own private mini-golf course? Drill a couple holes here, a couple holes there, a few ramps, add some LED lighting, and Iā€™m in business!

8 Likes

Well done on the thread @Enlightened420. It tackles a subject that is taboo. I think the hardest part is admitting to yourself that you have a problem. If you can get over that and get it out there then the rest kinda falls into place. Iā€™ve helped so many of my friends get over things while that little voice in my own head screams to be heard. But I get comfort knowing that theyā€™re pulling through their own dark times which shines a light in my own dark corner. Well done man well done.

9 Likes

What exactly did you do to get help @YinYang? Iā€™m the same way. No one knows that things are wrong, because I spend all of my time helping others, but I donā€™t allow myself the time to help me.

7 Likes

Itā€™s sounds like youā€™ve been conditioned and programmed to be some sort of service drone, free your mind first, the slave will followā€¦

3 Likes

Was looking up Brian last night to see if I could find some of his material. Weā€™ll talk about that later.
Let me catch up on the posts.
Thanks for the tag Brother, great overall topic and thank you for starting this :+1: :green_heart: :v:

5 Likes

I found a good doctor for one. That was first and foremost. Not one who just dishes out medicines. Someone who believed in holistic care, and also in my ability to recover.
I did a course in Mindfulness meditation. That was six weeks with a commitment to meditate every day, regardless of whether I thought I was meditating or not. Bit by bit I began to heal. I stopped judging myself.
Its also worth pointing out that we are in a mental health epidemic. The values of our world arenā€™t terribly compatible with good mental health. It means that pretty much everyone is suffering from low level anxiety and depression at a minimum. Understanding this was really important, for me anyway.
Check out the School of Life YouTube, there are some really insightful ideas on there.

These kinds of insights helped me from being too hard on myself. We do often judge ourselves by unrealistic standards. How the Modern World Makes Us Mentally Ill - YouTube
Its a slow process and there are no overnight miracles in healing. In fact, things sometimes get worse before they get better. Thats why its important to find a doctor you can trust. This isnā€™t always as easy as it sounds, and it may take some time to find the right one for you. just donā€™t give up!

8 Likes

Haha only trouble is, I know nothing about golf!!!

Jeez @shatter I donā€™t know where to begin. Iā€™m very well read. My mind couldnā€™t be more free. Your response was unhelpful, and unappreciated. Iā€™d elaborate more, but this isnā€™t the place to tear you a new asshole.

1 Like

I was speaking from experience, not ridicule, I respectfully digressā€¦

1 Like

All I know is in my life Iā€™ve been dealt some very shitty cards. Ya know I tell myself things will get better but when? Just when I take two steps forward I take 3 more back. It all began April 2007 when my daughter diedā€¦then boom Dec 2009 my son died as well and from that day forward my life has been an uphill battle.
Yā€™all we got this one day at a time :hugs:

12 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry to hear this, those are the hardest blows I could imagine. YOu are a very strong woman and an inspiration for just being you. :green_heart: :v:

7 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your losses. This is why I hate talking about my problems. Theyā€™re so trivial compared to other folkā€™s problems.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, feel like Iā€™d be belly aching :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

No problem is ever just trivialā€¦ we can get along by sharing and listening to others. One of the worst feeling in all that depression stuff and what not, is the feeling of being alone in the worldā€¦imo.

7 Likes

@Kilgoretrout @Mote donā€™t look at it that way
Everyone has struggles some worse than others.

8 Likes

Very true, Iā€™ll keep that in mind :wink:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t mean to make anyone feel like their problem was trivial sorry if I did. Just sharing about my depression and where it started.

9 Likes

No one took it like that at all I assure you. What are you doing these days to address your depression and how is it working?

6 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you donā€™t have anything to do with that feelingā€¦ It seems to be an in-built self-preservation mechanism that when you find somebody that has bigger issues than yours, you feel a bit better about yourself, thatā€™s only human nature. The biggest hurdle in that way of thinking is that by sharing, some of us (falsely) think that we are adding our problems to the load of the listener and we hesitate to share or seek helpā€¦ I donā€™t know if I make sense or notā€¦ :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Took years to get me on the right depression meds. But it definitely has helped me getting on the right one. Ive definitely brought light to the situation Iā€™m always trying to help somebody else. My heart is HUGE there is no end. Iā€™m always here if anyone wants to talk. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes